/>Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur has announced the exam dates for online Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2015), which will be conducted in January/February 2015. The GATE will be held on Saturday, January 31, 2015, Sunday, February 01, 2015, Saturday, February 07, 2015 and Sunday, February 08, 2015.
GATE is conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Co-coordinating Board-GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and Government of India for the commencing session 2015.
Click here to know more about the seven IIT’s.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2015:
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of five-year integrated M.Sc. or five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. program can also apply.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for GATE 2015:
- Candidates can apply online.
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the organizing institute.
- For GATE 2015 payments would have to be made through online by selecting either SBI I-collect or Axis Bank I-Connect, or using any bank debit card/credit card, net banking and e-challan facilities only.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for GATE 2015:
- The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
- The examination for all the papers will be carried out in an online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
For more details and information on paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Start date for online application: Monday, September 01, 2014.
- Last date for online application: Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
- Availability of admit card: Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
- Date of GATE: Saturday, January 31, 2015, Sunday, February 01, 2015, Saturday, February 07, 2015 and Sunday, February 08, 2015.
- Announcement of Results: Thursday, March 12, 2015.