Every year GCET entrance exam is conducted by Gujarat Technological University and students seeking admission to Masters of Business Admission (MBA) and Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) in the state of Gujarat must have to apply for the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET). The GCET entrance exam is held for admissions to courses offered by affiliated colleges and institutes. Students will have to appear for an examination, following which a merit list will be announced for the shortlisted candidates. Before applying for the GCET entrance exam, candidates must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria so as to be eligible for GCET exam.
Eligibility criteria for GCET 2012:
The GCET MBA and GCET MCA eligibility criteria of the students who would intend to get admission through GCET 2012 are as mentioned here:
- A candidate graduated from a recognized university and located in Gujarat State are eligible to appear GCET 2012.
- Students who have graduated in a 3-year program from a university outside Gujarat State but have passed Std. XII or its equivalent examination from a recognized school located in Gujarat State are eligible for GCET 2012.
- Students must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- In case of SC/ST students, 5% relaxation is given as per rules. 50% (45% in case of SC/ST students) will be computed on the basis of grand total (aggregate) in final year mark sheet issued by the concerned University. The minimum marks of 50% or 45% given above should be without rounding off and grace marks will be excluded for the purpose.
- A student who has appeared at the final year (Bachelor’s Degree) examination of any university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Non-resident Gujarati students passing the qualifying examination from States other than Gujarat and Gujarati-NRI students shall be eligible for admission to management quota of private unaided institutes only.
- Non-resident Gujarati students will have to produce documents such as school leaving certificate or birth certificate or passport of one of the parents to prove that the parent was born in Gujarat OR a domicile certificate from Gujarat in the name of father, mother or the applicant at the time of application. If the state Government stipulates production of any other document/s, the same shall have to be done.
- Gujarati-NRI students will be NRI students as per the Income-tax Act. Further the will be Gujarati students also and will have to produce documents as specified in above.
- Students applying against Non-resident Gujarati and NRI quota also will have to have 50% marks in aggregate in graduation.
- The wards of Kashmiri Migrants fulfilling the eligibility conditions c. and d. above may also apply. The domicile requirements as specified in a. and b. above will be waived.
- If the graduation result is in the form of grade, then an equivalence certificate showing that the student has obtained 50% marks should be produced at the time of application.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information on GCET 2012 click here.