MIT Institute of Design & Avantika University - Admissions Open for Fashion & Design - Apply Now!!


GSHSEB to introduce School based Comprehensive Evaluation System (SCE)

Published On: 01 Feb 2012 | Last Updated On: 01 Feb 2012

Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) have decided to introduce School based Comprehensive Evaluation System (SCE) in class X from June 2012 onwards. Under this system, schools will now have authority to grant 30% marks to students for their scholastic and co-scholastic knowledge. Remaining 70% marks will be assigned by the GSHSEB on the basis of student’s performance in written exams.

The new evaluation system aims at building scholastic skills in children along with the constant evaluation of their subject knowledge and values and skills. As a result it focuses on overall development of the children. The new system will be introduced in 5 major subjects.

The board will conduct exam of 100 marks for each subject at the end of the year.  But marks scored by the students will carry a weightage of 70% in the mark sheet. The remaining 30% will be awarded by the schools through comprehensive evaluation. For granting 30% schools will now conduct scholastic test, 4 times in 2 terms of 50 marks each making a total of 200 marks in a year. Students will have to score a minimum of 7 marks i.e. 33% of 20 marks.

The new procedures briefs that scholastic marks will carry a weightage of 20% in mark sheet and the non scholastic test which includes life skills and values in students will carry a weightage of 10% in 1 subject or 10 marks per subject. Overall students will have to score 17 marks, 33% of 50 marks for 5 subjects, from a total of 50 marks.

Do you like this story?
comments powered by Disqus
subscribe to our Newsletter