Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced the B.Ed. Prospectus for the January 2014 session.
Bachelor of Education (BEd)
Minimum Duration: 2 Years. Maximum Duration: 4 Years.Age: No bar
A Bachelor’s or higher degree from a recognised university, and Two years full-time regular teaching experience on temporary/permanent basis as Primary/Graduate/Post-Graduate Teachers in Primary, Secondary/Higher/Senior secondary school recognised by the central or a state government or a union territory are eligible to take admission.
The aim of the Program is:
- To systematise experiences and strengthen the professional competency of in-service teachers.
- To imbibe the knowledge and develop understanding of various methods and approaches of organising learning experiences of secondary school students.
- To develop skills required in selection and organising learning experiences.
- To understand the nature of the learner and of learning processes.
- To develop skills involved in dealing with the academic and personal problems of learners.
- To acquire knowledge and develop understanding about the various procedures and techniques of evaluation and their classroom application.
- To develop skills involved in selecting, developing and using evaluation tools.
- To provide knowledge and develop understanding about various aspects of school management.
- To develop competencies for organising various instructional and student-support activities.
- To develop an appreciation of the role of the teacher in the prevailing socio-cultural and political context in general, and the educationa1 system in particular.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is ranked as the world's largest university. Established through an Act of the Parliament of India, IGNOU has been set up for providing quality higher education in various disciplines through distance learning. It mainly caters to the needs of students residing in remote areas or those with financial constraints or the working professionals aspiring for additional qualification. IGNOU has varied profiles, spread across the length and breadth of the country, managed by efficient and effective networking of an array of Regional Centers, Sub-Regional Centers and more than 1000 Study Centers all over India.
Source - www.ignou.ac.in