IIT, Madras has announced the exam dates for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM-2016), which will be conducted in February 2016. The main objective of JAM is to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students across the country. It is expected that the research infrastructure, the inter-disciplinary interaction and the vibrant academic environment of IISc Bangalore and IITs will motivate these students to pursue Research & Development careers in the frontier areas of basic sciences as well as inter-disciplinary areas of science and technology.
What is new in JAM 2016?
- IIT Madras is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2016.
- JAM 2016 Examination will be conducted Online only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2016 will be of fully objective type, with three different patterns of questions as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) : Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: For each NAT type question, the answer is a signed real number which needs to be entered using the virtual keypad on the monitor. A virtual calculator will also be available on the computer monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions.
- All candidates have to apply only online.
- No hardcopies of any documents are to be sent to the Organizing Institute. If the payment is made by E-challan then scanned copy (PDF file) of the counter-foil (your copy) should be uploaded on the JAM online application processing system (JOAPS) by login to your account. All the necessary documents (certificates, mark-sheet, etc.) are to be uploaded to the JOAPS only.
- No hardcopy of JAM 2016 score card will be sent to the JAM 2016 qualified candidates by the Organizing Institute. However, it can be downloaded from JAM 2016 website.