National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-II 2016) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for taking admission to MBBS/BDS programs in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. NEET-II is scheduled to be held on Sunday, July 24, 2016 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The NEET test score is applicable for admissions to all India quota seats, State Government Quota Seats where the State Government concerned so opts and Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University.
Admit Card: Candidates are required to download the admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Admit cards will not be sent by the post.
The CBSE will display the images of OMR answer sheets and responses graded by the machine of all the candidates from 04th August to 06th August, 2016. The answer keys are likely to be displayed from 07th August to 09th August, 2016. The Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates of NEET - 2016 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
Merit List for Counselling under 15% All India Quota:
- The merit list of the eligible and successful Candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score obtained in the NEET - 2016.
- The merit list will be equal to the number of seats available for allotment in MBBS/BDS programs under 15% All India Quota.
- There shall also be a waiting list equal to 4 times of the merit list.
The inter-se-merit of candidates for tie-breaking:
- In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the NEET - 2016, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the test.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the test.
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
- Schedule for on-line submission of application (For fee through e-challan): Thursday, May 26, 2016 to Tuesday, June 21, 2016.
- Schedule for on-line submission of application (For fee through other modes): Thursday, May 26, 2016 to Saturday, June 25, 2016.
- Last date for successful final transaction of fee: Saturday, June 25, 2016.
- Date of uploading of admit cards on website: Friday, July 08, 2016.
- Date of examination, NEET–II: Sunday, July 24, 2016.
The detailed information about the application process, syllabus and eligibility criteria, please click here.