Central Board of Secondary Education has decided to conduct the All India Level Common Entrance Examinations for admission into medical under graduate (NEET-UG) courses from the academic year 2012-2013. The NEET stands for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). The CBSE has already released common core syllabus for NEET-UG Entrance Test and invited response from the public before it goes for finalizing the syllabus for biology, physics and chemistry subjects.
Candidates, who are willing to take up the entrance exam, must know the paper pattern in order to score well. Please find the paper pattern described below for NEET-UG 2013 announced by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Paper Pattern for NEET-UG 2013 –
- The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- The duration of the paper would be 3 hours.
- Language of the Question Papers –
- Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi. This option should be exercised while filling in the application form.
- Candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and West Bengal can opt for Question Paper either in English, Hindi or in their respective Regional Language i.e. Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati and Bengali.
- Option of Question Paper exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,