Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning is an autonomous distance learning institute, one of the largest of its kind in India. It was established in the year 2001, and rapidly grew to become one of the most well-known names in the field of distance education
Symbiosis Center for Distance learning offers the following academic programs at the post graduate level as well as diploma and certificate programs in different subjects like:
· Business Management
· International Business
· Information Technology
· Banking and Finance
· Supply Chain Management
· Customer Relationship Management
· Insurance Management
· Education Management
· Business and Corporate Law and Entrepreneurship Development
Symbiosis also teams up with different corporate organizations like IBM, Cognizant, Infosys, Aditya Birla, Bharti Retail and others to offer corporate learning programs for employees. Click here
Symbiosis gathers some of the best learning resources for its courses and self-learning material from other management institutes and the industry. The faculty members come from top positions in industry and have extensive teaching experience. The curriculum gets updated regularly to keep tandem with industry standards. There are over 350 faculty members who provide academic guidance to students throughout the duration of the course.
Key Features of Symbiosis Distance Education
· Symbiosis practices the blended mode of learning wherein it brings together three forms of learning, self-study material in the form of books and online self-paced learning courses, interaction with the educators through chat sessions, and online classrooms.
· The interactive e-learning content allows students to learn the course concepts using practical examples and case studies for better understanding. It complements the material printed in the course study books. Each course has computer based assessments that students can complete on their own time, and get instant feedback on what they have learned.
· The online classrooms are towards facilitating interactions between the students and the course faculty. It enables answering of any queries or doubts from the teacher then and there, and also interacting with other students. It is possible to play a recorded lecture, if a student misses a particular online classroom session.
· Students can chat with faculty members for answering any immediate questions they might have.
· The course system is modular with credit system, where the student can take one course, collect credits and then use those credits on transfer to another program.
· Call operators and counsellors are available on the telephone for providing students with the necessary support and any guidance required.
· There is also an e-communication center for effective and speedy query resolution.
· The online portal allows students to submit course assignments, book semester examinations, view the message board, avail counselling, access their own email, and view different status.