Candidates interested in joining Distance MBA in Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education can obtain application Form with Prospectus - (i) in person from the Directorate or any of its Study Centres or Information Centres on payment of the Application Fee by cash or (ii) through post, on sending a requisition specifying the Programme to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar - 608 002 along with a Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, D.D.E., Annamalai University. The Application Form will be sent by ordinary post. An Application form once issued will not be taken back. The application form is not transferable and the application for admission should be in the prescribed form of the year issued by the Directorate or its Study Centres/ Information Centres.
Instructions for filling the Application form
- Program code, name of the programme, medium of instruction, optional subjects and PCP zone need to enter correctly.
- A recent Passport size photograph should be pasted on the application form and signed by the applicant and attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Enclose only attested Photostat copies of the following certificates along with the application form: Provisional Certificate (or) Degree Certificate (or) Consolidated Mark Statement Transfer Certificate (or) Migration Certificate.
- Attestation: The photograph on the application form may be attested by any one of the officials-Gazetted Officers, Members of the Syndicate, Senate, Academic Council, and Board of Studies of the Annamalai University, Teachers in Colleges and Universities, Gazetted Rank Headmasters or Head-Mistresses of Government recognized Higher Secondary or High Schools, Commissioned Officers of the Defence Services.
- If the certificates submitted by the applicant are in a language other than English/Tamil, an attested English version of the certificates should accompany them.
- An application will be summarily rejected if there is any discrepancy between the material particulars filled in the application form and the supporting documents. The name of the applicant, his/her date of birth and qualification will be considered as material particulars in this context.
- Applicants possessing degrees awarded by Universities/Colleges/ Institutes which are not recognized by the University Grants Commission are not eligible for admission to the programmes offered by the Directorate of Distance Education.
- No candidate is permitted to join or study two Degree programmes at a time in the DDE. However, students pursuing a degree programme are permitted to join or study a Diploma/ P.G. Diploma program concurrently.
Procedure for Admission at Spot Selection
- For Spot Admission, the candidates must submit the following documents in person.
- Filled in application along with attested xerox copies of Certificates for minimum required eligibility qualification and age.
- Certificates in Original for minimum required eligibility qualification and Transfer / Migration Certificate/ Community Certificate.
- Three passport size Photographs for Application, Identity Card & Scanning Form. Applicants should not sign on the photograph affixed in the scanning form.
- A Demand Draft drawn in favor of The Director, DDE, Annamalai University for the prescribed fees as per the Item No. 7 for the Mode of Payment.
- Original Certificates will be returned immediately after verification. The Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate will also be handed over after affixing the seal that the candidate is admitted
Note: - Admissions will be confirmed, by the Director and will be cancelled if found not eligible.
Admission through Post
Candidates can fill in application may be sent to the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002 along with attested xerox copies of (i) Certificates for the eligible qualification, (ii) Transfer/ Migration Certificate and (iii) Two passport size photographs for Identity Card and Scanning Form.
NOTE: - Students seeking admission through post need not enclose the original certificates and demand draft along with the admission application.
- On receipt of provisional admission cards, they have to send by Registered post or Courier or Speed post or produce in person the Original Certificates of (i) Educational qualification (ii) Transfer/ Migration Certificate (for which attested xerox copies have been enclosed with the application form) and a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Director, D.D.E., Annamalai University for the prescribed fee.
- The admission confirmation, the signed identity card and the original certificates including Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate after affixing a seal on TC that the candidate is admitted during the academic year will be returned to the student by Registered post. .
- If the certificates submitted by a candidate are found to be bogus / fake, his/her admission will be cancelled and the fees remitted will also be forfeited.
Mode of Payment
Payment of tuition fees and other fees (except examination fees) to the Directorate of Distance Education should be in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of THE DIRECTOR, DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION, and ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY on any one of the bank s
- Indian Bank, Annamalainagar (Code A024),ICICI Bank, Annamalainagar (Code 6212),State Bank of India payable at Chennai Service Branch, Central Bank of India, Chidambaram, Punjab National Bank, Chidambaram (Code 103),District Central Co-operative Bank, Chidambaram (Code 11233),City Union Bank, Chidambaram,Karur Vysya Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1116),Indian Overseas Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1354),Vijaya Bank, Chidambaram (Code 3068),HDFC Bank, Chidambaram (Code 1051),Canara Bank, Chidambaram (Code 2924)
- Those who are not able to purchase demand drafts on the above mentioned banks can send the demand drafts drawn on any other Bank payable at its Chennai service Branch.
- Before sending any Demand Drafts to the Directorate, students should see that they contain the Name and Code number of the drawing/drawee branch of the bank. Date of issue of the demand draft and Signature of the Officer of the drawing branch.
- Cheques, Postal Orders, Pay Orders and Money Orders will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Students must write their Application Number or Enrolment Number, Name and the Program on the back side of the Demand Draft. They should not sign anywhere on the demand draft.
- Tuition fees and other charges may also be remitted through the Study Centres by way of Demand Draft/Bank Challan.
- Fees may also be remitted by cash at the D.D.E., Cash counter at Annamalainagar on all working days between 2.00 P.M. and 5.00 P.M.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded/ adjusted under any circumstances.
Fee concession to differently abled students
Visually challenged students are exempted from payment of tuition fees and examination fees on production of medical certificate and for Differently Abled students should produce Disabled certificate issued by the District Differently Abled Welfare Officer. However, they should pay the other prescribed fees such as admission fee, registration fee, eligibility fee, special fee, postage, mark list fee, PCP fee, etc.
- Mention your Enrolment Number in all your correspondences with the Directorate. Letters received without the Enrolment Number will not receive any attention
- Students should keep their Identity Card safely till they complete the program and must bring their Identity Card at the time of Personal Contact Program (PCP) and Examinations.
- Students, who have lost their Identity Card, can obtain a duplicate Identity Card from the Directorate on requisition along with a D.D drawn in favour of The Director, D.D.E., Annamalai University payable at Chennai service branch and a passport size photo, to the Directorate only.
- For Tuition fee, Re-admission fee, change of programme/name/centre, Transfer Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, draw a Demand Draft in favour of the Director, D.D.E., Annamalai University.
- For Examination fees, Convocation fees, Mark list, Provisional and Migration Certificates write to the Controller of Examinations with the prescribed fees drawn in favour of the Controller of Examinations and not to the Director.
- Regarding program of study, Personal Contact Programmes etc., address to the Director and for Examinations to the Controller of Examinations, Annamalai University.
- Directorate has no agents/tutorials. Contact our Study Centres / Information Centres or Correspond directly to the Director.
- Fees paid for reasons which are not covered under the rules, regulations and norms a service charge of 10 per cent of the fees paid will be deducted.
- If the certificates submitted by the candidate are found bogus/fake his/her admission will be cancelled and the fees remitted will also be forfeited.
- The students should remit the fees within the due dates noted against each and no separate letter of intimation will be sent individually.
- The lessons for 2nd year will be sent to the students only after receipt of the 1st instalment of Fee for the 2nd year within the dates mentioned.
- Those who discontinued the programme but want to continue the same program later must pay the tuition fees at the existing fee prescribed along with the re-admission fee in the form of Demand Draft.
- Readmissions will be made only at Annamalainagar.
- Those who have obtained discontinued T.C. of the program from the Directorate will be re-admitted if they submit the discontinued original Transfer Certificates of the Directorate.
- No cash transaction is permitted.
- The University is not responsible for any cash payment or any other payments made other than those in the name of Annamalai University.
Eligibility criteria for Distance MBA Program
Any Degree (except 10+2+2 pattern) or an equivalent examination. Only those applicants who have passed the qualifying examination under the pattern of either 11+2+2 years or 11+1+3 years or 10+2+3 years or UG under the Open University System will be eligible for admission to the programme. Those who have passed the qualifying examination under 10+2+2 pattern will not be considered for admission.For more information log on to Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,