India has one of the growing aviation markets. Over years, India has witnessed notable development in the aviation industry and now has flourished as one of the major industry contributing to the development of the nation. The progress in the aviation industry has opened up several career paths for students in the respective sector.
People who have passion for flying and traveling around the world can go for it. The growth in the sector has created more and more job requirement. Hence, creating more opportunities for individuals.
What is Aviation?
Aviation science refers to aircraft operations and support systems. In addition to flight operations, it includes airport/ airline maintenance, management and air traffic control. A degree in aviation science prepares an Individual for a career in the aerospace, aviation or airline business.
Aviation technology deals with the development, maintenance and piloting of flying machines, as well as the administration of various other aspects of the aircraft industry. From manufacturers to tourism boards and airlines to global businesses, the world has their eye on India. With the growth of airline sector, the industry has seen increased demand for sharp minded professionals holding high knowledge and skills in the field.
Level of Studies in India:
Aviation is one of the most popular and sought after programs in India. Pursuing a program in aviation opens ample career opportunities for students. Here is the list of the number of programs offered under aviation in India:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
- Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Aviation
Who can study this course?
- For Diploma Programs: Candidates should have completed 12th in any stream from recognized Board/ School.
- For UG Programs: The minimum qualification required to be eligible is a pass in the 10+2 examination in any stream.
- For PG Programs: The eligibility criteria for pursuing a master’s degree is that the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree/ diploma in the relevant field or equivalent.
Since the career requires a large amount of time and money, so an individual who has the passion for flying or airline management can go for it. Students in the aviation sector may aspire to become Pilots, Aeronautical Engineers, Air Hostess, Airline ticketing agents and customer service executives.
The career in aviation is not only limited to flying or ground staff but there are other fields where an individual can take up as their career Air hostess, Ground Operator, JAR Audit Inspectors, Airport Manager, Administrator, Staff Manager, Safety Office, Engineers and Pilot.
Job prospects and the possibility of landing a high paying job in Aviation sector depends a lot on the quality of the Institute from which you pursue the course. A professional in aviation can find jobs in the following industries:
- Cargo Manager and Handler
- Air hostess
- Ground Operator
- JAR Audit Inspectors
- Management Personnel
- First Officers
- Flight Engineers
- Licensed Engineers
- Air Traffic Controller
- Flight Operator
- Training Captains
The bonus point of a profession in aviation is the salary that comes with it. The professionals in the field can earn up to lakhs in a month. A beginner might get an average salary starting from 3,00,000 to 6,00,000 lakhs per annum. However, experience can help an individual to earn a lot more.
Top Recruiters in India:
- Air India
- Air Charter Services Pvt Ltd
- Deccan Aviation Ltd.
- Northrop Grumman
- Air Sahara
Top Colleges in India offering Aviation:
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
- Wingsss College of Aviation Technology, Pune
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, New Delhi
Go, enroll yourself in the career and fly high!