Dreaming high of pursuing a career in aviation; to reach up high and touch the skies? Take heart! The dreams and aspirations to touch the skyline can become a reality at Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA). IGRUA, India’s Best Flying Training Institution offers Ab-initio to Commercial Pilot License (CPL) for the issue of CPL with Multi–engine endorsement and Instrument Rating (IR) on Multi-engine Aircraft. With a total number of 180 seats, the duration of the course in 18 months; this may get extended. Selection of candidates for CPL will be based on IGRUA Entrance Examination (online written test), viva/interview and Pilot Aptitude Test.
AboutIGRUA Entrance Examination:
IGRUA Entrance Examination being the first criteria for CPL course is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017. The syllabus for the online written test will comprise of General English, Maths, Physics, Reasoning & Current Affairs (10+2 level objective type questions only and no negative marking will be awarded for wrong answers.
Candidates are given the provision to opt for three test centers which is to be made giving first, second and third choice. The test cities are Agra, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Varanasi & all state capital Delhi, Dehradun, Nanital & all metro stations. The cutoff marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be 5% less from the cut-off marks secured by the last candidate in the General category.
Who can apply for IGRUA Entrance Examination?
Candidates who have passed English at 10+2 level with minimum 55% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics (general candidates) are eligible to apply. SC/ ST/ OBC candidates should have passed English at 10+2 level with minimum 50% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics. Minimum age should be 17 years at the time of joining.
How to apply for IGRUA Entrance Examination?
Candidates can apply online till April 22, 2017. An application fee of Rs. 6000/- for general and OBC candidates is to be paid either through internet banking, debit or credit cards or through Bank Challan payable at any branch of State Bank of India as per instructions for fee deposit. The SC & ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Documents required while filling up of online application:
- Scanned image of Recent Colored Photograph of candidate
- Scanned Signature of candidate (file size of 80KB (maximum) in JPEG format only)
- Email Id
- Mobile No.
- Mark sheets for 10th and 12th
The admit card for the written test will be made available from May 04, 2017. Candidates must note that the admit cards will serve as a valid identity for attending interview/ aptitude test and must be preserved till joining.
What after the written test?
For successful candidates in written test, the interview/ viva schedule will be made available on website/ emails/SMS on May 23, 2017. The shortlisted candidates from the written test will be called for interview/viva where the candidates are required to produce the documents mentioned below in original as well as in photocopy. The interview and Pilot Aptitude Test will start from June 12, 2017. -Only successful candidates in Pilot Aptitude/ Psychometric Test shall qualify for final selection.
Documents for interview:
- Proof of Date of Birth (such as 10th Class certificate)
- 10th Mark sheet
- 10+2 Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- A certificate from the competent Authority that the OBC Candidate does not belong to Creamy layer
- Admit Card downloaded for written test
IGRUA Schedule 2017:
- Last date for online filling of Application (for fee payment by bank challan): April 12 2017.
- Last date for online filling of Application (for fee payment by online mode): April 22, 2017.
- Download of Admit Cards: May 04, 2017.
- Date of Online Written Test: May 14, 2017.
- Interview/ Viva Schedule on Website/ Emails/ SMS for Successful candidates in Written: May 23, 2017.
- Interview/ Viva & Pilot Aptitude Test: starts from June 12, 2017.
- Declaration of final result on Website/ Emails/ SMS: June 26, 2017.
- Date of Joining First Batch: July 19, 2017.