Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla has announced the exam dates for the Medical Entrance Exam which will be held in the month of July 2012. The Medical Entrance Exam will be held on Sunday, July 08, 2012.
The Medical Entrance Exam is held for taking admission to Doctor of Medicine (DM) (Cardiology) and Master of Chirurgical (M.Ch) (CTVS) courses in Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Shimla for the commencing session 2012-13.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Entrance Exam:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- For the DM (Cardiology) program: The candidate should have passed/appeared in MD examination in Medicine or Pediatrics.
- For the M. Ch (CTVS) program: The candidate must have passed/appeared in MS examination in general surgery.
For further details on the eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for Medical Entrance Exam:
- The application form along with the prospectus can be obtained from the university office at the cost of Rs. 3000/-.
- The application form along with the prospectus can also be obtained by post by sending a requisition letter along with a bank draft of Rs. 3200/- drawn in favor of ‘Finance Officer, H.P. University, Shimla-171005’ to ‘Assistant Registrar(Entrance Tests) H.P. University, Shimla-171005’ by June 15, 2012.
- The application form can also be downloaded from their official website - www.hpuniv.nic.in.
- The duly filled in application form along with the requisite documents should be sent to the office of ‘Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests), Room No.10, Ground Floor, Administrative Block, H.P. University, Shimla-171005’ latest by July 02, 2012.
For further details on the application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern of the Medical Entrance Exam:
- The examination will have 80 multiple choice questions of one mark each.
- For DM (Cardiology) there are three parts: – Part A – 40 questions on Cardiology; Part B – 40 questions on general medicine; and Part C – 40 questions on pediatrics.
- Part A is compulsory for all candidates and the candidate can choose to answer either Part B or Part C.
- For M. Ch. (CTVS) there are two parts: - Part A - 40 questions on cardiothoracic vascular; Part B – 40 questions on general surgery.
For further details on the paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Last date for submitting duly filled in application forms: Monday, July 02, 2012.
- Date of entrance examination: Sunday, July 08, 2012.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about HPU 2012 Medical Entrance Exam, please visit here.