Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) has announced the dates for JAM Exam, which will be conducted in February 2012. The JAM entrance exam will be held on Sunday, February 12, 2012.
Joint Admission Test (JAM) is held to take admission into M.Sc. and other post-B.Sc. programs at the IITs. The main objective of JAM is to provide admissions to various M.Sc. and other post-B.Sc. programs based on the performance in a single test and consolidate 'Science' as a career option for bright students from across the country.
JAM 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC Category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PD Category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks) the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the admitting institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with required eligibility, as specified by the admitting institute will be submitted by 30 September 2012.
Application Procedure for JAM 2012:
Candidates can submit the application form in 2 different modes: Online and Offline. The preferred mode of application process is Online.
Application forms along with information brochures can be obtained on cash payment (see the table below) from designated branches of the Canara Bank from 22 September, 2011 to 22 October, 2011. The application material can also be obtained by post from the JAM office of IIT Bombay by sending a request along with a self-addressed slip and a crossed Demand Draft towards application fee (see the table below) latest by 18 October, 2011. The application material will be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post.
Candidates can register at the website: http://www.iitb.ac.in/jam from 22 September, 2011 to 25 October, 2011 and send a print-out of completed application form along with the Demand Draft to JAM Office, IIT Bombay.
Check here for detailed information about how to apply.
JAM Paper Pattern:
JAM 2012 will have eight test papers, namely, Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Computer Applications (CA), Geology (GG), Geophysics (GP), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH), each of three hours duration. The questions for BT and CA test papers will be fully objective type. The questions for the other test papers will be objective-cum-subjective type. A candidate can appear in either one or two test papers subject to the restrictions of test schedule given below and with an additional fee for the second test paper.
- Date of JAM 2012 Test: Sunday, February 12, 2012
- Announcement of the result of JAM 2012: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 17:00 hrs.
JAM entrance exam February 2012 will be conducted in 61 cities all across India.