Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education (SMUDE) is the result of a unique partnership between the Government of Sikkim and Manipal education. Established in 1995, it is the first government-private initiative in the region. It was set up with the objective of providing the best in education for students. SMU is recognized by the University Grants Commission and approved by the Government of India.
The beautiful campus is located in Majitar and Rangpo, amongst the picturesque settings of River Teesta and Kanchendzonga mountains. It hosts the second largest hospital in Sikkim, providing healthcare to the masses. The medical campus runs courses on medical, pharmacy, allied health and nursing while the technology campus has engineering, management courses, twinning programs and applied sciences.
Sikkim Manipal University has the following constituent institutions:
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS)
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT)
- College of Nursing
- College of Physiotherapy
- School of Basic & Applied Sciences
As ranked by competition success review - October 2009, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) is ranked 8th amongst the best university engineering colleges of India. SMIT Ranked amongst 17th in the best engineering colleges of excellence in India. SMIT has also bagged 27th rank amongst the top 50 engineering colleges of India.
About the Distance MBA Course Offered
The program is designed for those seeking managerial positions in today's demanding professional world - both in public and private sector.
The MBA program focuses on the following: -
- To provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of management.
- To provide an integrated perspective of management functioning along with a fair amount of exposure to real life cases/ technical knowhow.
- To hone the student's analytical abilities
- To provide access to a broad base of knowledge in core managerial skills
- To develop the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment
- To build upon the essential core management modules allowing greater emphasis on elective modules of management.
An MBA from SMU-DE is recognized by DEC, UGC, Ministry of HRD and preferred by employers across some of the best companies in the country.
Specializations Offered: -
SMU-DE offers 15 specializations for its MBA students. The specializations are taken up by the students in the second year of their MBA. The courses covered under each of the specialization are as given below: -
Marketing, Information Systems, Banking, Retail Operations, Operations, Project, Total Quality Management, Healthcare Services, Human Resource, Finance, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Environmental Management, Entrepreneurial Development and Family Business, Event Management.
For more information log onto SMUDE
For details about admission procedure, please click here.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,