Master of Technology Information Security and Cyber Forensics is a postgraduate Forensic Science programme. The goal of this course is for students to maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and skill to allow them to minimize the occurrence and severity of information security incidents. The Cyber Forensics and Information Security program combines the disciplines of technology, business, organizational behavior and law. Students learn techniques used to detect, respond to, and prevent network intrusions. They also master broader concepts such as the responsible use of resources, the appropriate management of risks, and the alignment of information technology with the organization. Course helps to protect the information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction in order to provide integrity, confidentiality and availability.
B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech in relevant subject with 60% or equivalent CGPA, some of the very reputed institutes conduct entrance examination for admission to the degree course.
- They should be able to understand contemporary issues in information security management; analyze and prioritize information security risks.
- Applicants should be able to identify countermeasures and review techniques appropriate to the management of information security risks.
- Students should be able to understand the policy and technology tradeoffs involved in developing information security systems of adequate quality.
Benefits of this course
- This course is designed to extend employment, education and entrepreneurial opportunities to the students. It enables the students to gain in depth knowledge in the field of Information Security and Cyber Forensics with a foundation in Computer Science.
- They can have jobs in information security such as network security engineers, forensic analysts, information security crime investigators, security architects, disaster recovery managers and security analysts.
- The course is suitable to help the organization to continue its commercial activities in the event of significant information security incidents.
- Students can establish responsibility and accountability for information security in organizations. They can also design security procedures and policies.
Career and Scope
- This course is aimed at producing the much needed highly competent manpower in the area of Cyber forensics and Information Security. This course will provide students to maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and skill to allow them to minimize the occurrence and severity of information security incidents.
- To provide suitable coverage of the international standards of cyber security and cyber laws. The rapid development of IT industry has made conventional methods of investigation of cybercrimes futile. This course is designed to extend employment, education and entrepreneurial opportunities to the students.
Job types for this course
- Global Cyber Security
- Team Leader
- Information Security officer
- Assistant Manager
- Info Security Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Specialist
- Market Manager