National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the exam dates for Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Final Broad Specialty-2014, which will be conducted in December 2014. The NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty exam for paper-I & II will be held on Saturday, December 13, 2014 and paper-III & IV will be conducted on Sunday, December 14, 2014.
NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty exam is conducted for taking admission to postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian universities for all purposes including appointment to teaching posts as lecturer/assistant professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare vide their notifications issued from time to time.
Eligibility Criteria for NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty 2014:
- A candidate holding a medical qualification (MD/MS) i.e. having passed the final examination in a broad specialty recognized as per the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956 as amended from time to time. Or
- A candidate registered with NBE as a DNB trainee and obtaining requisite period of training as prescribed by the NBE & fulfilling other eligibility criteria as stated in the information bulletin may appear for the DNB final examination (Broad Specialty).
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty 2014:
- Candidates can download the application form from here.
- Candidate need to submit the duly filled application forms along with the necessary documents before the cut off date.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty 2014:
- The theory examination comprises of four papers, maximum marks 100 each.
- There are 10 short notes of 10 marks each, in each of the papers. The number of short notes and their respective marks weightage may vary in some subjects/some papers.
- Maximum time permitted is 3 hours.
- Candidate must score at least 50% in the aggregate of 4 papers to qualify the theory examination.
- Candidates appearing for General Medicine, Paediatrics and Family Medicine fourth paper shall be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based examination. There shall be 200 questions of single response type. Each question shall carry 0.5 marks i.e. maximum marks shall be 100. There shall be negative marking of 20%. i.e. each correct answer will give 0.5 marks and each incorrect response shall lead to deduction of 0.1 marks.
- There shall not be any grace marks for this paper. Only those candidates who have qualified the theory examination are permitted to take up the practical examination.
- Practical Examination:
- Maximum Marks: 300.
- It comprises of clinical examination and viva.
- Candidate must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in the Clinical Examination (including Viva) to qualify for the practical examination.
- There is no grace marks in practical examination.
- Last date for submission of application form: Tuesday, September 30, 2014*.
- Date of NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty exam:
- For paper-I & II: Saturday, December 13, 2014.
- For paper-III & IV:Sunday, December 14, 2014.
- Candidates who have taken DNB final examination (theory) held in June 2014 and declared fail can submit their application for DNB final examination Dec 2014 session latest by Thursday, October 30, 2014.
- Candidates willing to apply for DNB final examination - only practical-December 2014 session can submit their applications latest by Saturday, January 31, 2015.
For more details and information about NBE DNB Final Broad Specialty 2014, please visit here.