Osmania University (OU), Hyderabad has announced the exam dates for Ph.D Eligibility Test 2014, which is expected to be conducted in September 2014. The Ph.D Eligibility Test is expected to be held in the 2nd week of September, 2014 (tentative).
Ph.D Eligibility Test is conducted for taking admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program under the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Management, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Oriental Languages, Science, Technology, Pharmacy, Engineering and Informatics for the session 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D Eligibility Test 2014:
Candidate must have obtained a post-graduate degree from a recognized university or a post-graduate degree through distance mode from a recognized university and approved by the concerned authority, in the concerned subject or in an allied subject approved by Osmania University securing not less than 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST candidates).
Application Procedure for Ph.D Eligibility Test 2014:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The registration fee for online submission of application is Rs.650/- (Rs.450/- in case of SC/ST/PH candidates).
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for Ph.D Eligibility Test 2014:
- The eligibility test will be of 90 minutes duration and question paper consists of 100 objective (multiple choice only) type questions.
- The eligibility test will consist of any 3 or 4 varieties of objective type items such as analogies, classification, matching, comprehension of a research study / experiment theoretical point of view, etc., with multiple answers besides the usual multiple choice items. The items will be framed only from the syllabus of eligibility test.
- Maximum marks for eligibility test: 100 marks.
- Nature of test: Objective type with multiple choice questions.
- Medium of eligibility test: The medium of eligibility test will be English only except for language subjects.
- Last date for submission of online applications:
- Without late fee: Saturday, August 16, 2014.
- With a late fee of Rs 400/-: Tuesday, August 26, 2014.
- Date of Ph.D Eligibility Test: in the 2nd week of September, 2014 (tentative).
For more details and information about Ph.D Eligibility Test 2014, please visit here.