NMAT by GMAC MBA Entrance Exam
The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is a global non-profit organization comprised of leading graduate business schools around the world.
GMAC believes that business and management are critical to the economic and social well-being of people worldwide. We advocate for graduate management education and its value to individuals and society. GMAC is the owner and administrator of the GMAT and NMAT by GMAC™ exams.
GMAC strives to increase access in order to grow and diversify the candidate pool; develop assessments to meet global management education needs; and extend the value to schools with our products, services, and industry knowledge.
GMAC meets the needs of management schools, and current and prospective students, through a wide array of products, services, and programmes designed to open doors for students, professionals, and graduate management programmes worldwide. GMAC also serves as the leading source of research and information about quality graduate management education.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam opens doors to the leading management programmes in India. Brought to you by the organization that owns the GMAT exam, the NMAT by GMAC™ enables schools to recruit top talent with the comfort that the test measures the skills needed to succeed in their programmes. It gives candidates the confidence to perform their best.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is used for admissions to some of the leading graduate business programmes in India. Since becoming a computer based test in 2009, the NMAT by GMAC™ has been at the forefront of measurement in India as a valid and reliable predictor of success in graduate business school.
Schools will have access to one of the more diverse test taking populations in India with some of the highest proportions of women and non-engineers taking the exam. Test takers will have access to practice materials to enhance their preparations.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam has been, and will continue to be, a symbol of quality – enabling test takers to access graduate management education and a career of choice, while providing schools access to top talent.
What is new in NMAT 2017?
NMAT by GMAC introduces candidate friendly features
20 new test centers in India
04 International Test Centers
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh & Srilanka
Multiple Login Methods
Login through Facebook, Google, One Time Password (OTP), previous year credentials
Improved Official NMATPrep
Resources Enhanced diagnostics for NMATPrep online exam, Free online exam with OG
Additional Payment Options
International credit card, UPI
Institution Accepting – NMAT
Today the NMAT by GMAC™ is accepted by the following leading institutions and this list is growing. Pursuing a management degree at one of these institutions makes the pursuit of your dreams that much easier.
Note : Please visit www.nmat.org.in to register for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam and select the 7 school/programs to which you would like to report your exam scores free of cost. In order to fill the application form and pay the application fee of the management program(s) that you choose to send your NMAT by GMAC™ scores to, please visit the website of the business school(s). The school(s)/program(s) will not consider your NMAT by GMAC™ score for admission if you do not complete the application form and pay the application fee for the program(s) prior to the last application date.
Register & Schedule
You must register and pay for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam before scheduling a test date and location.
Note: Candidates are required to visit respective university/college/school website for details of their admission procedure. You have to submit their respective form separately.
Registration and Payment
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test centre. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the "Schools Preference" section. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 5 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
For additional details on the registration process and instructions, please click the following link - Registration and Payment Instructions
To enquire about registration email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be allowed to take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam a maximum of three times during the year’s testing period. This includes the first attempt plus a maximum of two retake attempts. No shows are considered attempts.
Your retake registration option will be enabled in your dashboard after your exam date. You need to register for the retake by simply clicking on the Retake section and pay the retake registration fees. You don’t have to fill in the details again. Once your registration for the retake is complete and retake registration fees is realized you will be able to schedule your retake exam.
While you can register for retake exam after your exam date, however you can schedule the retake exam date 15 or more days after your most recent date of attempt. This means you will have to wait at least 15 calendar days before you can appear for a retake. You can schedule your test any time during the retake scheduling window (subject to real time availability). You will be able to select any slot that is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time you schedule your appointment.
You may reschedule your appointment if you can't appear for the original test appointment. You may reschedule your appointment up to 72 hours prior to your
original appointment. You may pay for your reschedule using credit card only.
Dates & Fees
|Registration||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Tuesday, October 03, 2017|
|Scheduling||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Monday, October 16, 2017|
|Late Registration||Wednesday, October 04, 2017||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Registration - Retake||Friday, October 06, 2017||Thursday, December 14, 2017|
|Re-scheduling||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Re-take Scheduling||Friday, October 06, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Exam Delivery||Thursday, October 05, 2017||Monday, December 18, 2017|
|Final Announcement of Results||3rd week of January, 2018|
|Test Registration (Early)||INR 1800 + applicable taxes|
|Test Registration (Late)||INR 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Retake||INR 1800 + applicable taxes|
|Reschedule||INR 1000 + applicable taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (beyond first five)||INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes|
Payment forms accepted:
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Diners Club
- Mobile Wallets
Note: If you wish to reschedule your appointment, you must pay with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) only
Click here for registration and payment details.
Test Centre Locations
The NMAT by GMACâ¢ exam will be delivered at 44 centres throughout India and at 4 International centres.
Domestic Test Centres
|Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi||North|
|Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara||West|
|Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada||South|
|Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur||Central|
|Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong||East|
* Some cities will have multiple test centres to choose from.
International Test Centre's
Accessing your results
Your NMAT by GMACâ¢ exam scores will be published on the nmat.org.in website approximately 4-5 weeks after your exam date. Once the scores have been published you will receive an email indicating that your scores are available. You will be able to access your score card by logging into your NMAT by GMACâ¢ account. Once the final percentile score is announced, your scores will be sent to the schools that you elected to share you scores.
What is included on your score report?
Your Final score card will include a scaled score for each section, a total score as well as a percentile ranking. The following table lists the range of scores possible on the different sections of the NMAT by GMACâ¢ exam.
|Logical Reasoning skills||0-120|
The window wise scores are released 4-5 weeks after you have taken the test and your score card will be updated with scaled scores for all the attempts. You will be notified on email once the score card is available and you can download the score card by logging into your NMAT by GMACTM account. The final percentile rankings for this year will be calculated after all the candidates have taken their exam(s) and will be announced and updated in your score card on 3rd week of January 2018.
Scaled scores and percentile scores
- Scaled scores - All of the test forms are equated to account for any differences in overall difficulty and the raw test scores are placed on a common scale. This process ensures that scores are comparable across test forms such that the scores are not impacted by different candidates getting different test forms.
- Final Percentile Scores: The Final Percentiles for each year are calculated at the end of the year after all candidates have completed taking the NMAT by GMACâ¢ exam. Your score card and the score card that is sent to schools will be updated with the final percentiles announced in the 3rd week of January 2018.
About the Test
- The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (“GMGC”), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
- The NMAT by GMAC™ is a 2-hour test containing multiple choice questions. Prior to the start of the test, there will be a 2-minute period for the test taker to agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement, a 10-minute tutorial and a 3-minute period for section selection and sequencing.
- There are three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each section is individually timed.
- NMAT by GMAC™ TEST
- Language Skills
- 32 questions
- 22 minutes
- Quantitative Skills
- 48 questions
- 60 minutes
- Logical Reasoning
- 40 questions
- 38 minutes
NO ABILITY TO RETURN TO A SECTION AFTER LEAVING IT: Test takers need to answer the questions of each section within the allotted section time. Once the test taker completes a section, whether the test taker selects to move to the next section or if time runs out, the test taker will not be able to return to that section.
NO CARRYOVER OF TIME: Test takers cannot add the remaining time of one section to other sections. If a test taker completes answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time expires, the test taker may choose either to revise their answers in the section or move to the next section, but the balance time cannot be added on to the next section’s allotted time.
- Test takers can register for the NMAT by GMAC™ through an online registration process available on the websitenmat.org.infrom 9:00 am Indian Standard Time (IST) onwards starting July 4, 2017. Online registrations will close at 11:59 pm IST on October 3, 2017. Test takers can also register through any of the following options:
- Facebook account;
- Google account;
- Mobile OTP (One time Pin);
- Last year’s (2016) login id/registration number and password.
GMGC shall not accept registrations from test takers in any mode or form, other than the ones mentioned above.
- Test takers need to upload a photograph as part of the registration based on the following specifications:
- Photograph should be in one of these formats: JPG, PNG, GIF.
- No landscaped or rotated pictures are allowed
- Size should not exceed 1 MB.
- Photo should have either white or lightly colored background.
- Eyes should be open and clearly visible.
- Test taker face should be distinctly visible, straight and at the centre. Shoulder tops should be also clear on the photo.
- Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- Following photographs are not acceptable and are liable to get rejected:
- Facebook photos and/or photos not having the above mentioned specifications of size.
- Photos in which the test administration staff cannot sufficiently authenticate your identity.
- Photos with a dark color background.
- Test takers need to confirm their email ID before initiating their registration. Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by email on the confirmed email ID only. GMGC shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or returned e-mail.
- It is the sole responsibility of the test taker to ascertain whether he/she possesses the necessary and requisite qualifications for applying to the programs offered by various universities. Test takers will need to confirm that they understand the eligibility criteria before submitting their application form. GMGC shall not be held responsible for any concerns arising out of mismatch of qualifications.
- Registration applications submitted without the proper notified registration fee, or with insufficient or incorrect details, no photos or photos not matching the criteria mentioned above, or payment received beyond the specified closing time and date for submitting the registration application, will be rejected and GMGC shall not entertain any queries with respect to the same.
- Test takers need to ensure that the information submitted by them is correct and true in all respects. If any information is found to be incorrect or false at a later date, GMGC reserves the right to prevent the test taker from taking the test and/or cancel the test score. In the event of the prohibition to test or cancellation of the score due to furnishing of incorrect/false information, the test registration fee will not be refunded.
- There is no provision for on-the-spot registration for the NMAT by GMAC™ at the test centers. Test takers will have to follow the prescribed registration process published on this website during the published registration dates.
- Test takers are not allowed to make duplicate/multiple registrations. Test registration is liable to be rejected and test fee forfeited if the test taker registers multiple times and/or has taken the test under different registration numbers. This also applies to test takers applying to various programs offered by NMAT by GMAC™ accepting schools. Test takers are allowed to register only once and take up to a maximum of 3 attempts, including no shows.
- Test takers will be able to edit only certain fields like School Selection and Additional Preference in their registration form after submitting the registration fee. Test takers are advised to check the information entered in the online registration form very carefully while registering and once again before submitting the registration as they will not be allowed to make any changes after submission.
- The registration for the test is considered valid only if online submission is fully completed by the test taker, accepted by GMGC and the registration fee is received by GMGC by the posted due dates. Registrations for which the registration fee is not received in time will be rejected.
- NMAT by GMAC™ scores are accepted by several universities and business schools. Visit org.in/test-takers/nmat-accepting-institutionsto view the most current list of universities and business schools that accept the NMAT by GMACTM scores.
- Test takers who are unable to register during the Registration window between July 4, 2017 and October 3, 2017 will have the option of registering through the online registration application available on the website nmat.org.induring the Late Registration window from October 4, 2017 (9:00 am IST) to October 14, 2017 (11:59 pm IST) by paying the applicable fee as specified on the website.
- All rules will be applicable as mentioned under the Registration section above.
- To register for the NMAT by GMAC™ test, test takers must pay the relevant registration fee as specified on the website. Payment for test fee will be accepted by debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI and mobile wallets. Test takers will be required to pay the applicable late registration fee during the Late Registration window.
- The registration fee includes a maximum of 5 programmes/schools that a test taker may opt for. If the test taker wishes to apply to more than 5 programmes/schools, an additional fee as specified on the website will be charged.
- GMGC shall not be held liable for late or non-delivery of any material or information sent by it through e-mail or regular mail.
No Refund Policy
- No refund of test fee will be made by GMGC under any circumstances once the registration process is completed and the fees is submitted.
- It is the responsibility of the test taker to understand the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested in applying before registering for NMAT by GMAC™ exam. If the test taker registers for the test and then determine that he/she is ineligible for admission to the desired program, no test fee refund will be made. For the eligibility requirements, test takers are advised to check the websites of each university and school where they plan to apply.
Forfeit of Test Fee
Test takers will forfeit their registration fee if they:
- Make multiple registrations
- Appear for test under multiple registrations
- Cancel their registration
- Do not schedule a test
- Cancel their scheduled test
- Reschedule their test less than 72 hours of the originally scheduled test
- Do not appear for their scheduled test
- Provide a false disability certificate. Additionally, they shall be barred from taking the test. GMGC reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the police authorities against such test takers.
- Only test takers whose registrations and fees have been submitted by the stipulated deadlines will be entitled to take the NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- After the required fee is duly received at GMGC’s end, test takers can schedule their exam through the exam scheduling tab available in the registration system. Test takers should schedule their test as soon as the payment is received by GMGC and scheduling section is activated as seats will be available on a 'First come, First serve' basis.
- Test takers will be required to schedule their test on their own by following the instructions available on www.nmat.org.in. A test taker can schedule only one test attempt at a time.
- Test takers will be able to choose their preferred date, time (slot) and centre based on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, test takers are advised to register themselves at the earliest to be able to schedule their test on their preferred date, time (slot) and centre. Test takers may not get their preferred date, time slot and centre if other test takers have already taken up the available seats for a particular date, time slot and centre.
- The NMAT by GMACTM test will be offered at the centres specified at the website from time to time. GMGC reserves the right to withdraw an existing test centre or add new test centre at any time. If a test centre is withdrawn after one or more candidates have scheduled their test at such centre, GMGC will contact such candidate(s) and will allow them to reschedule the test at an alternate test centre without any additional cost for such rescheduling.
- The scheduling window will be available from July 4, 2017 toOctober 16, 2017 for test takers who registered either under Registration or Late Registration windows.
- Test takers will be allowed to schedule their test any time during the scheduling window (subjected to real time availability) for any slot which is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time that they carry out scheduling transaction in Pearson VUE system.
- Test takers are not required to make any extra payment for scheduling their test for the first attempt.
- Test takers will receive the confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE as soon as they schedule the test including test centre name and address, the test date and start time of the test.
- Pearson VUE / GMGC are not responsible for any non-receipt of confirmation e-mails due to incorrect e-mail addresses being entered by the applicant or due to any technical problems with receipt of e-mail. Test takers who do not receive their confirmation e-mails within 24 hours of scheduling a test can call the scheduling & rescheduling helpdesk number of Pearson VUE published on nmat.org.into seek assistance.
- Test takers not appearing for their scheduled test will be marked "No Show" for the attempt.
- A test taker will be allowed to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time and/or test centre, subject to availability, by paying the applicable fee by credit card only.
- Seat availability in terms of test centre, slot and date will be on a “First come, First serve” basis.
- A test taker cannot reschedule a test if 72 hours or less remain before the scheduled test. For detailed terms, please refer to the section on Forfeit of Test Fee.
- Test takers will be able to exercise the rescheduling option between July 4, 2017 and December 15, 2017.
Differently Abled Test Takers
- Test takers who wish to request for special assistance must fill the details in the online application while registering. The test takers must scan their Disability Certificate and upload to the registration application in order to be approved for necessary accommodation. Each application will be reviewed on a case-to- case basis. Pearson VUE will contact the candidate to schedule his/her test with the approved accommodation and will arrange for proper assistance to be provided to them. Any request received after the closure of registration window will not be accepted and the test taker will have to test without any assistance in spite of their disability.
- The test takers seeking disability accommodation will be contacted by Pearson VUE to schedule their test as each test centre may not be equipped to provide support. Pearson VUE will be able to advise the test taker on the appropriate centre for the test.
- A scribe will be allowed to assist test takers with vision impairments. Test takers requiring scribe will be required to bring their own scribe. They will also be required to submit the scribe request in the prescribed format for approval as advised by Pearson VUE.
- Mobility assistance will be available for those with mobility impairments.
- GMGC reserves the right to make a final judgment regarding testing accommodations in accordance with requirements of the NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- Any test taker with disability may not receive the required assistance at the Test centre if he/she
- Requests for assistance after closure of registration window
- Does not provide the scribe request in the prescribed format for the test takers requiring scribe
- Is determined by GMGC to be ineligible for accommodation based on the evaluation of the disability documentation provided.
- Test takers need to confirm their email ID before initiating their registration. Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by email on the confirmed email ID only. GMGC shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or bouncing of email.
- Any test taker who provides a false certificate shall be barred from taking the test and the test fee shall be forfeited. GMGC reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the Police authorities against such test takers.
Test Centre Change
- Test takers can request a test centre change by visiting the NMAT by GMACTM registration system. There will be an additional fee payable by credit card only. After the test taker receives the confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE, she or he will be able to select a new test centre.
- After taking the NMAT by GMAC™, a test taker may decide to retake the NMAT by GMAC™ in order to improve the scores. The test taker can register for the retake test by logging in with the username and password used earlier to schedule the first attempt on www.nmat.org.in. The test taker’s information in the registration form will be pre-populated registration. Payment for the retake is required.
- A test taker is allowed to take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam a maximum of three times (first attempt plus a maximum of two retake attempts, including "No Shows").
- A test taker not appearing for the scheduled test by the prescribed time (first attempt or retake attempt(s)) will be treated as “No Show”.
- While a test taker can register for retake 24 hours after the previous attempt(s), however the test taker will be allowed to schedule the retake test on a date which is 15 or more days later than the date of the previous attempt. In other words, a test taker will have to wait for at least 15 calendar days before he/she can appear for a retake attempt.
- The Test retake registration window will be open from October 6, 2017 to December 14, 2017. The test taker can choose to schedule the retake test for any available date during the retake scheduling window from October 6, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
- Test takers will be allowed to schedule their test any time during the scheduling window (subjected to availability) for any slot which is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time that they carry out scheduling transaction in Pearson VUE system.
- Seat availability in terms of test centre, slot and date will be on a first come first serve basis. Test takers may or may not get their preferred centre/slot/date.
- NMAT by GMAC™ scaled scores by section and test total scaled score will be displayed on NMAT by GMAC™ website within 4 to 5 weeks after the test. The percentile scores will be announced in the 3rd week of January, 2018 on www.nmat.org.in
- Scaled scores –All the test papers are equated to account for small differences in overall difficulty and the raw test scores are placed onto a common scale. This is done to ensure scores are comparable across test papers such that the scores are not impacted by different test takers getting different test papers.
- Percentile scores –The percentile rank or score shows how a test taker scored when compared to all other test takers who appeared for the test (e.g. all test takers who appeared for the NMAT by GMAC™ in same testing year). For example, if a test taker is said to be at the 75th percentile, the test taker scored better than 75% of the test takers who appeared for the NMAT by GMAC™.
Day of the Test Instructions
- Test takers are required to reach the test centre 45 minutes before the scheduled time of their test. Test takers reporting later than 15 minutes of the scheduled time may not be admitted. No requests for exceptions will be entertained in this regard. The test centre may not be air conditioned but a comfortable environment will be provided.
- The test taker taking test test centres in India needs to bring the following to the test centre on the day of the test, without which the test taker will not be allowed to take the test:
- Confirmation e-mail printout
- Admit Card: Test takers can download their Admit Card from the registration site after authentication of their payment
- Photocopy of the test taker’s Photo ID for submission at the Test centre.
- Any other document as advised by GMGC for differently abled candidates.
- One valid Photo ID and another Signature ID
- List of Photo IDs (must contain the test taker’s name and photo)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Voter's ID Card
- UID/Aadhaar Card
- List of Signature IDs (must contain test taker’s name and signature)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Driving License
- List of Photo IDs (must contain the test taker’s name and photo)
- Test takers who are unable to produce the above forms of valid ID (non–expired and in original) and admit card on the day of the test will not be admitted into the testing room and will not be offered a test fee refund.
- Please note that following are not acceptable as IDs on the day of the test:
- Photocopies (attested or otherwise)
- Notarised copies and
- Learner’s driving license
- All candidates scheduled to take exam at test centres situated outside India are required to produce their original passport (non-expired and valid) copy along with a photocopy at the test centre barring which the candidate will not be admitted into the testing room and shall be turned away without any test fee refund.
- The Test Invigilator will admit the test taker after completing the following steps:
- Check the test taker’s confirmation e-mail print out
- Check the admit card
- Check the photo and signature IDs and photocopy of the photo ID for the candidates taking the test at test centre in India.
- Check original passport and photocopy of passport for candidates taking the test at test centre outside India
- Take a digital photo
- Obtain the test taker’s signature
- The invigilator will sign the admit card at the designated place and put the company seal as a confirmation of the test taker reporting to take the test.
- The Invigilator will then guide the test taker to the computer where the test taker will be seated to take the test.
- Test takers will be provided with writing material at the test centre and are not allowed to carry anything with them except their IDs and confirmation email printout.
- Test takers will be presented with a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) that they must accept in order to proceed with the test. If the test taker does not accept NDA deliberately or by mistake, he/she will not be able to proceed with the test and the test will end. The test taker will then not be able to resume the test that day under any circumstances. Test centre staff will not be able to do anything and the test taker will lose the test attempt as well as forfeit the test fee. Please read the NDAprior to registering.
- Test takers will be able to select the order of sections at the beginning of the test after NDA. If they do not choose the section order, the sections will appear as per the default section order.
- Each section contains several questions. The test taker must read the directions given for each group of questions in each section of the test carefully. If he/she skips the directions given for attempting the questions, he/she may miss the main idea and lose credit for some questions in that section.
- After finishing each section, test takers will be presented with the Review Screen where they will be able to review the questions they marked for review along with any other questions in that section. Test takers and can review or change the answers for that section only. The review time is included in the total amount of time allowed for each section. After the section time is over, test takers will be automatically presented with the next section and they will not be able to return to the previous section.
- After the test is over, test takers are required to remain seated until the Invigilator closes the test window and allows the test takers to leave the test area.
- Test takers will be required to return the writing material to the test centre after finishing the test.
Instructions for Test Takers
- Test takers will be required to produce non-expired identifications (in original) which have recognizable photograph and signature.
- Test takers, in addition to the IDs, will be required to produce the confirmation e-mail printout, photocopy of the primary ID and the admit card printout.
- Persons accompanying the test taker will not be allowed into the test premises and no waiting area will be provided.
- Test takers must adhere to the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam Terms and Conditions, policies, rules and regulations which are available at the www.nmat.org.in website.
- Invigilators have the right to exclude test takers who fail to follow the test centre rules and procedures.
- Invigilators will not be expected to provide or collect any test registration from test takers.
- Only pre-registered test takers with names appearing on the system and who have confirmation e-mail printouts, admit card printout and valid IDs as required will be permitted to take NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- Test takers must not carry any articles such as beepers, pagers, stereos or radio, cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, dictionaries, blank sheets of paper, personal items (cosmetics, lip balms, pain relievers, etc.), pens, firearms, etc., as only a confirmation e-mail printout, admit card and two valid IDs are required for the test. All other articles would have to be left outside the testing room at the test taker’s own risk.
- There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take as many unscheduled breaks as they want during the test session. Unscheduled break means the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time he/she spends on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test.
- During the break, test takers must leave the testing room. Test takers are required to remain in the test centre building and in close proximity to the testing room. If the test takers violate this break policy, the invigilator may refuse to allow them to re-enter the testing room and continue the test. Upon re-entering the testing room, they must show a valid (non–expired and in original) ID.
- Test takers will not be allowed to access any personal belongings, including study material and mobile phones, during the break(s) they take. They will only be allowed to access food or medicines, if any, after taking permission from the invigilator.
Instructions for Answering Questions
- Test takers must read the instructions given in the questions carefully.
- Test takers must choose one of the answers by clicking the appropriate radio button on their test screen.
- Test takers can mark questions for review and come back to them after completion of the section through the Review Screen. Test takers will not be able to review the question from a previous section after the time for that particular section is over.
- GMGC will not entertain any request for re-evaluation of the test by any test taker.
- If a test taker has any questions regarding test content, questions or answer options, they are advised to continue with their test after informing their doubts related to the problem to the invigilator present at the test centre. The invigilator will take the appropriate action to inform the same to Pearson VUE / GMGC. The complaints will be reviewed and if found correct, GMGC / Pearson VUE will take appropriate action to address the same. No further communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Any attempt to impersonate, to copy answers from another test taker, to carry in the testing room any of the prohibited items or to indulge in any other malpractice during the test or while completing the registration will not only lead to immediate or later revocation of scores but may also lead to prosecution.
- Test takers are not allowed to communicate with anyone about the content of the NMAT by GMAC™ during the test, during any breaks, or after administration of the test. Removing or attempting to remove test content from the test centre is strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances may any part of the test content viewed during a test administration be removed, reproduced, and/or disclosed in any form by any means (verbally, in writing, or electronically) to any person or entity at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, discussing or disclosing such test content via text message; e-mail; in any internet “chat room” message board, or other forum; or otherwise or participation in or membership of any such group, whether physical or over the internet/telecommunications medium. This disclosure prohibition applies before, during, and after any administration of the NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- Should there be any event that affects the administration of a test to an individual or multiple test takers, test takers can raise concerns to the invigilator but are not allowed to protest or misbehave with the staff.
- Actions or activities that interfere with, or disturb other test takers, invigilator or other employees from operating the test centre in a quiet, safe and efficient manner are not allowed and may lead to disqualification and revocation of test scores.
- Detection of any malpractice, unethical behavior or violation of the terms hereunder at any stage during or after the test is conducted may lead to severe consequences which may include, but not limited to, one or more of the following: (i) revocation of test scores (ii) notification to schools / universities accepting NMAT by GMACTMexam score (iii) disqualification for any future tests; (iv) no refund of fee; (v) damages for infringement of copyright; and/or (vi) prosecuting under the applicable law. GMGC reserves the right to take any other action available under the applicable law, against the candidate.
- These NMAT by GMAC™ Exam Terms and Conditions cannot be overridden by verbal instructions by anyone including the invigilators unless issued in a writing from GMGC signed by a GMGC-authorized representative.
- Subject to section on Dispute Resolution, all disputes in this regard are subject to the legal jurisdiction of Gurgaon.
In the unlikely event that an error occurs in the preparation, handling, processing, administration, or scoring of your NMAT by GMAC™ test, or in the reporting of your NMAT by GMAC™ scores, GMGC and/or Pearson VUE will make reasonable efforts to correct the error.
Should there be any event that affects the administration of a test to an individual or multiple test takers, test takers can raise concerns to the invigilator. Such issues may include but are not limited to: administrative errors (delayed starts, defective materials, or defective equipment); disruptions of test administrations (technical issues or natural disasters or illness, or other emergencies). When, in its sole judgment, it is appropriate to do so, GMGC and Pearson VUE will give affected test takers the opportunity to take the test again as soon as possible without charge.
These NMAT by GMAC™ Exam Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without effect to any principles of conflicts of law. All disputes between a test taker and GMGC/ Pearson VUE related to NMAT by GMACTM test shall be exclusively submitted to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended, by a sole arbitrator appointed by GMGC. Arbitrator’s decisions shall be final and binding on the parties. The seat of arbitration shall be Gurgaon. You must submit any legal notices to the attention of the General Counsel, Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Pvt. Ltd., 405, 4th Floor Suncity Business Tower, Sector 54, DLF Golf Course Road, Gurgaon – 122 002, India.
NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT 2016) final results have been declared by Graduate...
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has announced the exam dates for NMAT by G...
NMAT by GMAC 2016 is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®...
The Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®), owner and administrator of the NMAT b...