The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU’s) invites applications for its management programs for July 2012 session through an entrance test called the OPENMAT- XXXI to be held on February 12, 2012 all over the country. Last date of submission of form on or before is December 31, 2011.
The post graduate programs offered are Master of Business Administration, Diploma in Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management.
IGNOU’s Management Programs Eligibility:
Candidates with 50 percent marks in graduation for general category and 45% for reserved category are eligible to apply for admission. However, candidates with bachelor’s degree and three years of supervisory/ managerial/ professional experience or professional degree or master’s degree in any subject are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply for IGNOU’s Management Programs:
- Student handbook and prospectus can be obtained from the headquarters and all the regional centers of the university by sending a sum of Rs.550 through a demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi or city of the concerned regional center or by paying Rs.500 in cash at the sale counters. Last date for receipt of request of prospectus by post is December 23, 2011.
- Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in and sent along with a draft for Rs.550 in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi by registered/ speed post to Registrar (SED), IGNOU Maidan Garhi. Prospectus will be sent to such applicants after receipt of Rs.550.
Selection Procedure for IGNOU’s Management Programs:
- Candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test for admission into management program conducted by institutions like CAT, MAT and state level tests need not appear in the OPENMAT. The cut off percentage for admission of these candidates will be decided by the university.
- Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of managerial/ supervisory/ professional experience are eligible for taking admission into Diploma in Management only after clearing the entrance test.
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test can submit the registration form, available in the student handbook and prospectus along with the hall ticket of the entrance test to the respective regional centers along with the required fee on any day after the receipt of the result card.
Important Dates for IGNOU’s Management Programs:
- Last date for receipt of request of prospectus by post: December 23, 2011.
- Last date of submission of form on or before: December 31, 2011
- Entrance test called the OPENMAT- XXXI to be held on: February 12, 2012