Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences, Computer Science & Automation, Earth Sciences, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Neuroscience, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Product Design & Manufacturing, and Supercomputer Education & Research disciplines for the session 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for IISc, Bangalore:
Candidates should have bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology; or master’s degree in Science in an appropriate field; or bachelor's degree in Science (with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry as subjects of study) followed by AMIE, AMIIChE, grad. IETE etc or master's degree in Engineering/Technology in an appropriate field.
How to Apply for IISc, Bangalore:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee:
General / OBC
SC / ST / PH
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for IISc, Bangalore:
- Pass in one of the following national entrance tests is mandatory and must be within the cut-off marks announced: CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF or ICMR- JRF; or INSPIRE fellow; or GATE; or JEST or NBHM.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview conducted by the institute.
- Last date for receiving the application form: Friday, October 24, 2014.
- Date of Interview: Monday, November 17, 2014/Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
For more information on college and courses, please click IISc, Bangalore.