Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut for admission to full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering offered in various research areas for the session 2014.
Click here to know more about the research areas.
Eligibility Criteria for NIT, Calicut:
- For Ph.D in Engineering Programs: Candidates should have M.Tech degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10). For SC/ST candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10).
- For Ph.D in Architecture Program: Candidates should have master’s degree in Architecture/ Design/ Planning/ Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10). For SC/ST candidates, the minimum mark is 55% (CGPA 6.0/10).
How to Apply for NIT, Calicut:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Demand draft towards application fee (Rs. 600/- for open and OBC candidates, Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of “Director NIT Calicut” payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut branch (code no. 2207) is to be enclosed.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for NIT, Calicut:
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of written test and/or interview, by the respective department/school.
- Last date of submission of the application form: Monday, November 17, 2014.
- Date of test/interview: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 and Thursday, December 11, 2014.
For more information on college and courses, please click NIT, Calicut.