Applications are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Manipur for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Civil Engineering (Environmental, Structure) and Mechanical Engineering (Metal matrix composites, Casting, Material science) for the session 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for NIT, Manipur:
- Candidates should have:
- Master degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the university/institute. Or
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology with an excellent academic record and with a CPI equivalent to 70% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the university/ institute.
- Those candidates who qualify GATE will be given preference.
How to Apply for NIT, Manipur:
- Candidates can obtain the application form from here.
- The filled up application form must be accompanied with an application fee of Rs. 300/- (for general/OBC) or Rs. 150/- (for SC/ST) in the form of crossed demand draft drawn in favour Director NIT Manipur, payable at Imphal.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for NIT, Manipur:
The admission to Ph.D. program will be on the basis of weightage as given below:
- Overall academic performance (to be fixed by the Ph.D admission committee): 70%
- Interview conducted by the department: 30%
- Last date of receiving filled in application form: Friday, November 28, 2014.
- Date of written test: Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
- Date of interview: Friday, December 19, 2014.
For more information on college and courses, please click NIT, Manipur.