Applications are invited by University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata for admission to two years Master of Laws (LL.M) program offered at Department of Law, C.U and Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College for the session 2014-16.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta:
Candidates who have passed B.A LL.B (Hons)/B.A LL.B/LL.B (Hons)/LL.B passed or appeared at final examinations from this university or from other university recognized by the University of Calcutta are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for University of Calcutta:
- Forms will be available on all working days between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. from Calcutta University Sales Counter, College Street, Kolkata‐700073 on payment of Rs. 400/‐(Non refundable) for General category candidates and Rs. 200/‐ (Non refundable) for SC/ST/ Physically Challenged candidates on and from 21/07/2014.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in.
- Prescribed forms duly filled in should be submitted to the Faculty of Law, 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata-700019 on or before 08/08/2014 against which admit card will be issued on the same day. No application form will be accepted by post/courier.
Selection Procedure for University of Calcutta:
- Fifty percent (50%) of the total number of seats in the 1st year shall be reserved for B.A LL.B (Hons) candidates of this university (one seat is reserved for other university B.A LL.B (Hons)/ LL.B (Hons) student (1st class) according to merit), for the remaining seats entrance test will be conducted.
- The written test will be of 100 marks, 60 marks for MCQ, and 40 marks for subjective test from B.A LL.B syllabus of C.U.
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit their official website.
- Last date of submission of application forms: Friday, August 08, 2014.
- Date of written test: Sunday, August 10, 2014 from 1 pm to 2.30 pm.
For more information on college and courses, please click University of Calcutta.