Applications are invited by University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkatafor admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Business Management program offered at the Department of Business Management for the session 2014.
For more information on various areas of research, please click here.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta:
- Candidates must have completed their master’s degree or equivalent in business management/human resources management/commerce/social sciences/humanities (excluding music, visual arts, fine arts & dramatics)/sciences/law/library science/technology/medicine or allied disciplines, subject to approval of Ph.D committee before registration from either University of Calcutta or from other UGC recognized universities/institutes, with equivalence clearance from the Registrar’s Office, University of Calcutta.
- Minimum 55% marks in master’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Candidates who are exempted from written test under the ‘Regulation for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D regulation 2009’ of Calcutta University may apply for appearing for interview, subject to equivalence clearance from Registrar’s office, wherever required.
How to Apply for University of Calcutta:
- All candidates (including those in exempted category) are required to download the application form from the department of the university’s website: http://www.caluniv.ac.in/or http://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/PHD_BM_14.pdf
- Candidates can submit the application form at the Head Office, Department of Business Management, Alipore campus on or before the last date.
Selection Procedure for University of Calcutta:
Selection would be made from the written test qualified candidates and the eligible exempted category candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the interview only (subject to clearance of equivalence).
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit their official website.
- Last date of receiving filled in application form: Friday, September 19, 2014.
- List of candidates eligible for written test will be displayed on the notice board of the department or on website on: Monday, September 22, 2014 after 3 p.m.
- Date of written test: Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 12 noon.
- List of candidates eligible for appearing at the interview will be displayed on the notice board of the department and also on the website: Monday, October 27, 2014 after 3 p.m.
- Date of interview: Thursday, November 20, 2014 and Friday, November 21, 2014 from 11 am at the department.
For more information on college and courses, please click University of Calcutta.