Applications are invited by University of Delhi (DU), Delhi for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program offered in the Department of Environmental Studies, Botany, Genetics, Plant Molecular Biology and Biochemistry for the session 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Delhi:
- For admission to Ph.D in Environmental Studies a minimum 55% marks in Masters degree in the same or allied subject from a recognize university with 5% relaxation for OBC/SC/ST and Persons with Disability.
- The allied subject for admission to Ph.D in a particular department shall be decided by the DRC of that respective department.
- For Ph.D in Plant Molecular Biology Program: The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA score) in M.Sc. /M.Phil /M.Tech in Plant Sciences /Biological Sciences /Biotechnology /Bioinformatics or other Allied Sciences from a recognized university/institute with an aptitude for Plant Molecular Biology. 5% relaxation will be permitted for OBC/SC/ST and Persons with disability.
How to Apply for University of Delhi:
- Candidates can obtain the application form:
- For Ph.D in Botany program, applications should be sent by speed post to Head, Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
- For Ph.D in Environmental Studies program, application should be sent to The Head, Department of Environmental Studies, University of Delhi along with self attested copies of all necessary certificates. Application should be sent by registered post.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Selection Procedure for University of Delhi:
- For Ph.D Environmental Studies Program:
- Candidates having national fellowships (UGC/CSIR/DBT/DST, etc) are required to appear for an interview and the qualified applicants in consultation with their proposed supervisors from the Department will submit the application for enrolment in Ph.D.
- Those candidates who do not have any fellowship will have to appear at the entrance test, followed by an interview.
- For Ph.D Botany Program:
- The candidates who have cleared NET-JRF with national level fellowship are exempted from departmental entrance test but need to apply for Ph.D program on prescribed form.
- JRF/NET qualified candidates with national level fellowship together with those found eligible after entrance test will have to appear for an interview, after which a final list of short-listed candidates will be announced. The list of short-listed candidates will be valid for one year.
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit their official website.
- Last date for submission of application form:
- For Ph.D Environmental Studies program: Thursday, October 01, 2015.
- For other programs: Monday, October 05, 2015.
- Date of entrance test:
- For Ph.D Environmental Studies program: Monday, October 12, 2015.
- For Ph.D Botany program: Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
For more information on college and courses, please click University of Delhi.