SNAP is the first step in the selection process for admission to industry-recognized MBA programs offered by Symbiosis International University (SIU). SNAP is the common entrance test that opens doors to 13 constituent institutes offering 16 thoughtfully designed MBA programs. This year, the admission process for MBA programs has been simplified. After the SNAP test, shortlisted candidates will need to appear for only one Personal Interaction (PI) and writing ability test (WAT).
As SNAP exam is just round the corner, you need to prepare yourself with sufficient practice to tackle the questions in Analytical and Logical Reasoning (LR) section. Only 19 days are left for the exam! By this time one must have finished his/her preparation. Best utilization of these 19 days can be done by revision of the 4 sections in SNAP exam. Minglebox presents you with a preparation strategy for Analytical and LR section:
Preparation strategy for Analytical and LR section:
Analytical and logical reasoning section in SNAP exam essentially tests students’ logical/reasoning skills in solving a given problem. These reasoning skills cannot be developed overnight. So, a good amount of practice is required. Spending 2-3 hours every day in practicing mock test, sample papers or previous year question paper is must. This section covers questions from areas such as Venn-diagrams, coding & decoding, blood relations, verbal analogy, fact interference judgments, cubes and double line distribution.
Tips to crack Analytical and LR section in SNAP exam:
- SNAP Analytical and LR section consists of easy, medium and difficult level questions. First try to solve those questions where you are sure about the answer.
- Do not waste your time in cross checking those answers again and again. Try to save time for difficult questions as these require more time and concentration.
- Spend at least 2-3 hours every day in practicing question based on reasoning. Practice will help you to develop the skills to solve a problem in an effective manner.
- One of the good strategies in practicing LR questions is presenting it in form of chats or pictures.
- Read all the questions carefully; make sure why a given option should be correct or incorrect. Read properly all the choices before answering the question.
- Words such as unless, all, only, some, other than and none should be given more importance as this helps in finding the conclusion easily.
- Always try to use those facts and figures that are given in the questions. Never assume any such information, which is not provided.
- Always keep in mind the valid and invalid conclusions that can be drawn out from a given question. A valid conclusion is the one which is derived from the given information in the question and the invalid conclusion is vice versa.
- Do not keep important topics to be covered in the last moment. Last moment preparation always creates confusion.
- Take feedback from people who have already taken SNAP earlier, read SNAP updates on educational blogs and forums, which are quite helpful.
- Learn to manage your time effectively while maintaining speed and accuracy in solving a given problem.
Best of Luck!