Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a deemed university and is the first school of social work in India which offers courses in Master in Rural Development and Governance, M.A in Social Work, M.A in Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, Master of Library and Information Science. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded a 5-Star rating to TISS in 2002 and reaccredited the Institute in 2010 as a Grade A institution with a score of 3.88 out of 4.
Candidates who want to apply for these programs offered by TISS University are expected to clear an entrance test TISS. TISS is common entrance test being conducted every year in different centres by Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
Candidates who want to take the entrance test TISS 2012 must fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below as per the university.
Eligibility Criteria for TISS 2012
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree of a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years of formal education) from a recognized university, in any discipline.
- Candidates who will complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by Saturday, June 9, 2012, are also eligible to apply provided they have successfully completed their first and second years, if the degree course is of 3 years; and the first, second and third years, if the degree course is of 4 years.
- In such cases, admission to all the master's degree programs will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year examination, the offer of provisional admission automatically stands cancelled.
- Candidates who are not in their final year bachelor's degree program are not eligible to apply for admission to any of the master's degree
- Candidates who have been declared as failed in the final year examination are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates can apply to any one campus only. Transfers between the campuses are not permitted.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,