(TISS) Tata Institute of Social Sciences is the aptitude test which is being conducted every year by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences for the candidates who wants to take admission in Tata Institute of Social Science. Tata Institute of Social Sciences is the first school of social work in India.
Tata Institute of Social Science offers courses in the following programs are Master in Rural Development and Governance, M.A in Social Work, M.A in Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, Master of Library and Information Science. Admission to these courses is made through the TISS entrance exam score.
Eligibility Criteria for TISS 2012
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree of a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years of formal education) from a recognized university, in any discipline.
- Candidates who will complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by Saturday, June 9, 2012, are also eligible to apply provided they have successfully completed their first and second years, if the degree course is of 3 years; and the first, second and third years, if the degree course is of 4 years.
- In such cases, admission to all the master's degree programs will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year examination, the offer of provisional admission automatically stands cancelled.
- For more details and information on eligibility criteria please visit the official site.
How to Apply for TISS 2012
- Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, can apply for the program online and are found to be eligible upon verification of all the information, will be called for an Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
- All candidates are required to apply online through the E-application only, available on the Institute’s official website
- The application fees is Rs. 975 (Rs.950 application fee + Rs.25 as bank processing charges) to be deposited in Power Jyoti account or payment getaway.
- Request for change in the date for the Entrance Test will not be considered.
- Candidates can the pay the application fees only through
- Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card (Rs. 975)
- Online Payment by Net Banking (Rs. 975)
- Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan (RS. 950 + bank charges)
For more details and information on application procedure please visit the official site.
Paper Pattern for TISS 2012
- The TISS test paper comprises of 50 objective type questions. Each right answer carries one mark.
- There will no negative marks for the wrong answers.
- The written test has two sections. The test will examine a candidate’s logical and analytical abilities, social awareness and perspective on current issues.
- Logical and Analytical Ability (20 marks): This section of the written test will test the candidate’s ability to think logically and analyze a set of problems and find ways of explaining the phenomenon. This section will contain quantitative reasoning as well.
- Social Awareness and Perspectives (30 marks): This section will consist of three questions which will assess the candidates understanding of issues of social relevance.
For more details and information on test paper pattern please visit the official site.
- Last date of online submissions and receipt of completed application forms: Sunday, May 20, 2012
- TISS Entrance test date: Saturday, June 16, 2012 and Sunday, June 17, 2012
- Declaration of Results: Friday, June 22, 2012
- The Entrance test will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012 and Sunday, June 17, 2012 in different test centres.
- In Hyderabad for candidates who have applied for the Rural Development and Governance course.
- In Guwahati for candidates who have applied for Social Work and Ecology, Environment & Sustainable Development Programs.
- Candidates who have applied for M. Li. Sc program can appear for entrance examination in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses.
- Candidates with visual impairment will be given extra time and a reader to support their appearance at the entrance test.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,