Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is an exam which is conducted to measure the skills of those nonnative English speakers who understand and use North American English as the way it is heard, spoken and written in universities and colleges. Most of the candidates who appear for TOEFL test plan to study at colleges and universities where instruction is in English.
The TOEFL iBT® test is given in English and administered via the internet. There are four sections (listening, reading, speaking and writing) which take a total of about four and a half hours to complete and each section is taken online.
When you register for a TOEFL iBT test, you can also order the TOEFL Value Pack Premium, which includes test preparation materials, eight additional score reports. If you're not sure whether the TOEFL iBT® test is offered in your location, check your location before you register.
- Register 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.
- Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
- Payment can also be made using a registration voucher obtained from a local master TOEFL iBT Resource Centeror a Voucher Reseller.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Note: American Express, Discover, JCB and MasterCard are NOT accepted for the following locations: Benin, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo.
- Registration closes seven days before your test date.
- Late registration closes three days before your test date (not including the day of the test) and has a late fee of US$35.
- Need help registering online? Use our step-by-step guide (PDF).
Note: Test takers who have disabilities or health-related needs that require them to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room, take extra or extended breaks, or require another accommodation must register by mail and need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs(PDF).
Register by Phone
- Review the Registration Form (PDF)before you call. Spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.
- Inside the United States, U.S. territories and Canada, call: 1-800-468-6335 or 1-443-751-4862.
- All other locations, call your Regional Registration Center (PDF).
- Pay with credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®; use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories. You can also pay with a TOEFL voucher by phone.
- Registration closes seven days before your test date (not including the day of the test).
- Late registration by phone closes at 5 p.m. local test center time on the business day before the test and has a late fee of US$35.
Register by Mail
- Download and fill out a Registration Form (PDF). Spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.
- Choose one of the payment methods listed on the form.
- Send the form with your payment to the address on the form or to your Regional Registration Center (PDF).
- Forms must be received at least four weeks before your test date.
- If you do not receive a confirmation, call the location where you mailed your paperwork — at least three business days before your registration deadline.
- If you register by mail you will need to enter certain codes manually that are input automatically online. See Code Lists for Registering by Mail.
Register in Person at a TOEFL iBT Resource Center
- In some areas, you can purchase test registration vouchers with local currency and/or register in person at a master TOEFL iBT Resource Centeror from a Voucher Reseller.
- If you don't want to register at a TOEFL iBT Resource Center, you can use a registration voucher online from any computer or on the phone.
- Registration deadline is seven days before the test date.
- Late registration closes three days before your test date and has a late fee of US$35.
- When you register, make sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you bring on test day.
Note: Walk-in registration at the test center is not allowed.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,