Union Public Service Commission has announced the dates for Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS), which will be conducted in September 2012. The CDS entrance exam will be held on Sunday, September 16, 2012.
Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS Exam) is conducted twice a year by UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. CDS Exam is usually conducted in February and September every year.
CDS 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- The age limit for UPSC CDS (September) 2012 examination is between 17 to 22 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy: The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent can apply for this exam.
- Eligibility Criteria for Naval Academy: The candidates should be a science graduate B.Sc with physics and mathematics or a B.E graduate can apply.
- Eligibility Criteria for Air Force Academy: The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university with physics and mathematics at 10 +2 level or should be an engineering graduate.
- The candidates who are at their final year are also eligible to apply and they need to submit the proof of passing the degree examination by the specified dates.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- In case of any difficulty in obtaining application forms the designated HPOs/POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post master or UPSC's "Forms Supply Monitoring Cell" Over Telephone No.011-23389366 / Fax No.011-23387310.
CDS Paper Pattern:
The CDS examination pattern, subjects and scores varies from academy to academy. Detailed information is mentioned below:
- The question paper for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy includes subjects such as General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics and English. The duration for each subject is 2 hours and each subject carries 100 marks.
- The question pattern for Officer' Training Academy (OTA) includes only English and General Knowledge. Each subject carries 100 marks and duration would be of 2 hours individually.
- In both cases the questions will be objective type only.
- Last date for receipt of applications either by hand or by post/speed post or by courier: Monday, August 27, 2012.
- CDS entrance exam will be conducted on: Sunday, September 16, 2012.
CDS entrance exam February 2012 will be conducted in 41 cities all across India.