Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the exam dates for Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT 2014), which will be held in August 2014 (and not in May 2014). The CSAT exam will be held on Sunday, August 24, 2014.
Civil Services is an entrance examination conducted for recruitment for the services and posts such as: Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) group 'A', etc.
Eligibility Criteria for CSAT 2014:
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2013, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1992.
- The candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section-3 of the university grants commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for CSAT 2014:
For details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for CSAT 2014:
- The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The paper will carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects.
- Date of notification: Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- Tentative last date of receipt of application forms: Monday, June 16, 2014.
- Date of CSAT: Sunday, August 24, 2014.