Application process of IIFM Admissions 2019 begins
IIFM Admissions 2019 – The online application process for the admission to the postgraduate diploma in forestry management (PDGFM) and a postgraduate diploma in sustainability management (PGDSM) for the academic session 201-21 has been commenced by the Indian Institute of Forest Management. According to NewsX report, those candidates who are interested to apply can do so by visiting the official website, iifm.ac.in.
The various courses such as The Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management (PGDFM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Management (PGDSM) courses are offered. The last date to apply for the online window of the application process is February 20, 2019. The candidates who have applied for CAT/ XAT examinations can also apply for the examination.
Eligibility Criteria for IIFM Admissions 2019
Educational Qualification: A candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (it may also be referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) categories). These should be awarded by any of the universities recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
How to apply
- Go to the official website, iifm.ac.in
- Click on the link which says ‘download application link’
- Click on submit your ‘application fee’
- Download the application fee
- Fill the form. Send it to ‘Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal’ with a demand draft of Rs 1000 (Rs 500 for SC/ ST)
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and interview which will be held at Bhopal, Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati and Kochi in the months of March or April
- The examination will be conducted for the 40 vacant seats
- The students belong to the category of SC/ ST will get the scholarships
- These scholarships will be offered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
- Last date to apply online: February 20, 2019
- Examination: March/ April 2019
The Indian Institute of Forest Management is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavours to evolve knowledge useful for the managers in the area of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organisations.
- Provide training in management and related subjects for persons from the Indian Forest Service, Forest Departments, Forest Development Corporation and Forest-related industries with a view to equipping them to practice the art and profession of management of forestry development
- Inculcate an appreciation in those selected for training, that conservation is of overriding importance in the management of living natural resources and that the primary role of forests is the vital ecological and environmental purpose they serve
- Select and prepare outstanding and talented candidates for careers leading to management responsibility in forestry and the forest-related system
- Meet the need of Indian forestry and forest-related industry and commerce in respect of up-to-date information on forestry management through research, consulting and publication
- Assist, institute and carry out research in matters concerning the use of management and allied techniques and methods conducive to the development of forestry in the country
- Institute awards, scholarships, fellowships, prizes and medals in accordance with the rules and bye-laws
- Create patron ships, affiliations and other classes of professional or honorary membership or office, as the society may consider necessary
For more details, candidates can visit their official website: http://www.iifm.ac.in/admission/
Image source: website