BITSAT 2019 Registration Open
BITSAT 2019 is a computer based online test for admissions to integrated first-degree programs of BITS, Pilani at Pilani campus, KK Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. The integrated first-degree programs to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT 2019 are as follows:
BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus
- BE in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical and Manufacturing.
- MSc in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and General Studies
BITS Pilani – KK Birla Goa Campus
- BE in Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation and Mechanical.
BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus
- BE in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation and Mechanical.
- MSc in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics
- For admission to all the programs, except BPharm the candidates should have passed the Class XII examination of 10+2 system from a recognised central or state board or its equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics and adequate proficiency in English
- For admission to B.Pharm, candidates should have passed the Class XII examination of 10+2 system from a recognised central or state board or its equivalent with physics, chemistry and biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM can also apply for the Pharmacy program
- The candidates should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects (if the candidate has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in PCB (if the candidates have taken Biology in BITSAT) in Class XII examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the PCM/Biology subjects
- The only student who is appearing for Class XII examination in 2019 or who have passed Class XII examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2019 Test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in Class XII or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed Class XII in 2017 or earlier are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2019
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2019
- Admissions will be made purely on merit
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2019
- However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in Class XII examination
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained the first rank in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from pan India. First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2019 sore as per the eligibility criteria. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by May 15.