IGNOU January 2019 admission process extended till January 31
IGNOU – The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) January session admission has already commenced. Now as per the latest news, the last date of the application process of all Masters/Bachelor/Diplomas programs on the official website onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in. The fresh application process is taking place in both modes i.e. online and offline. Interested candidates can apply through the official website till January 31, 2019,
Steps to apply online
- Go to the official website, ignou.ac.in
- Click on “Register yourself” on the homepage. It will appear on applicant login area. The candidates can fill and fill the required registration details
- Remember the enrolment number as it is your username
- The password must be alphanumeric. It should be between 8 to 16 characters long
- After filling the mandatory information, click the “submit” button
- The username will be sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
Important note for all the applicants
- The applicants must not forget the enrolment number and registered email ID and mobile number
- In case the applicants haven’t registered themselves by contacting the concerned regional centre or by visiting the official website
The IGNOU is also offering various programs by the School of Health Sciences such as Certificate in General Duty Assistance, Certificate in Geriatric Care Assistance, Certificate in Phlebotomy Assistance, and Certificate in Home Health Assistance. The candidates can also explore this opportunity to enhance their learning.
IGNOU, established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with the strength of 4,528 students.
Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over three million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres and 29 overseas partner institutions. IGNOU offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with the strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
- Provide access to higher education to all segments of the society
- Offer high-quality, innovative and need-based programmes at different levels, to all those who require them
- Reach out to the disadvantaged by offering programmes in all parts of the country at affordable costs
- Promote, coordinate and regulate the standards of education offered through open and distance learning in India
- To achieve the twin objectives of widening access for all sections of society and providing continual professional development and training to all sectors of the economy, the University uses a variety of media and latest technology in imparting education
The University has made a significant mark in the areas of higher education, community education and continual professional development. The University has been networking with reputed public institutions and private enterprises for enhancing the educational opportunities being offered by it. As a world leader in distance education, it has been conferred with awards of excellence by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada, several times.
With the launch of EduSat (a satellite dedicated only to education) on 20th September 2004 and the establishment of the Inter-University Consortium, the University has ushered in a new era of technology-enabled education in the country. All the regional centres and high enrolment study centres have been provided with active two-way video-conferencing network connectivity, which has made it possible to transact interactive digital content.