IIT Bhilai PhD admission begins in December 2018
IIT Bhilai PhD – The Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai (IIT-Bhilai), one of the premier institutions in India is inviting applications for admission to sponsored PhD programs in various departments for the session beginning in December 2018. As per the report, the sponsored candidate does not receive Institute fellowship.
The start date for application (online only) is October 15, 2018. The last date for submitting online application form is 09 November 2018. The Last date for completing the payment is November 09, 2018.
Eligibility criteria for PhD admission
- Applicants must have ONE of the following inappropriate subject areas.
- Applicants must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Discipline-specific criteria for PhD admissions
- Chemistry: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences or GATE in CY.\Computer Science
- Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
- Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH if applicable.
Liberal Arts: Qualified in NET.
- Mathematics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE.
- Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable
- Physics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences or GATE in PH/EE
- For exact details on eligibility conditions, how to apply and other detail, the candidates should refer the PhD Admission page on the official website of IIT Bhilai.
The Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai (IIT Bhilai) is a public university located in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India. It is one of the six new IITs established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, situated in Chhattisgarh state. Until the infrastructure and permanent campus are ready, the institute will function temporarily at the university of Government Engineering College Raipur. Four storied Block-B of GEC building has been fully renovated and furnished for IIT Bhilai.
The state government has allotted 457 acres of land around Kutelabata for the new IIT campus. The Chhattisgarh Government had identified sites for permanent and temporary campuses for the proposed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Bhilai and Naya Raipur respectively. Currently, the institute is being mentored by IIT Hyderabad.
IIT Bhilai is currently offering four-year B.Tech., two-year M.Tech and PhD degree programs. The Academic system and culture of IIT Bhilai are inspired by that at IIT Hyderabad. The highlight of the academics here is the Fractal System of distributing courses across the semesters. The curriculum lays strong emphasis on developing industrial and practical skills while backing them up with a concrete theoretical foundation.
Currently, the Institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD in the areas such as Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in the B.Tech, while in the M.Tech, the same is the specialisation. In the PhD, the specialisation in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry.
IIT Bhilai is a residential campus, with well-facilitated student’s hostels. There are four hostels namely Castle Ena, Castle Dio, Castle Tria and Castle Tessera. All hostels are equipped with extra activities, some sports facilities, recreation rooms, TV room, washing machines, and dining etc. Hostels are rigged with Wi-Fi and LAN access. The hostel has first-aid facilities along with medications for common ailments. A paramedic is always available at the campus and so is the ambulance service. In case of emergency or any other medical call, one is taken to the nearest hospital.
Image source: https://www.iitbhilai.ac.in