NIFT Admissions 2019-20 last date to apply online is December 28, 2018
NIFT Admissions 2019-20 – The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) admission 2019-20 will begin on October 22, 2018, and the last date is on December 28, 2018. The last date for online registration with the late fee of Rs.5, 000 (in addition to the applicable application fee) through credit/debit card only is on January 3, 2019. In case of demand draft, the print out of the application along with DD should reach the given address before January 3, 2019.
The window to edit/update the application form will commence from December 29, 2018, Saturday (12.00 hours) and the Admit Card (Online only) will be on January 10, 2019. The written entrance examination for all UG and PG programs will be on January 20, 2019, and the result of written entrance examination will come on February/March 2019. The last date for online registration for foreign nationals/SAARC/NRIs is on April 30, 2019. The situation test/group discussion/interview will be held in April-May 2019. The declaration of the final result (Online) will be at the end of May/June next year. The counselling will commence by the end of May/June 2019 onwards. The Admit Card, results and counselling schedule will be available at NIFT website only.
Eligibility for Bachelor’s Programs (B.Des, B.FTech)
- Any candidate who fulfils the prescribed age and educational qualification criteria for the concerned program can apply. The maximum age should be 23 years as on October 1, 2018. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of five years for candidates of SC/ST/PWD categories
- The education qualification for B.Des program includes Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication)
- The Plus 2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of the study of any recognised central/state Board of secondary examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- A passing grade in the Senior School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects
- 3-4 years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries identified by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/International Baccalaureate (IB)
Educational Qualification for B.FTech Program
The qualification for Bachelor of Fashion, Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech) Program
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised central/state Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- 3-4 years diploma in any branch of engineering recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
- A passing grade in Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- General Certification Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/International Baccalaureate (IB)
For Masters Programs (M.Des, M.F.M and M.FTech)
- Any candidate who fulfils the prescribed educational qualification criteria for the concerned Master’s program can apply. There is no qualifying age limit.
- Educational Qualification for Master’s Program in Design – M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any institute/University recognised by law in India
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT/NID
Master of Design (M.Des.) is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the necessary skills and theories for successful completion of the program. The course would be ordinary with the essential skills and approaches for successful completion of the program. The course would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of its Master’s program.
Educational Qualification for M.F.M
Educational qualification for Master’s program in fashion management – M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management) are as follows:
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any institute/university recognised by law in India
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT/NID
Educational Qualification for M.FTech
The educational qualification for Master’s Program in Fashion Technology – M.FTech (Master of Fashion Technology)
- FTech from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- E/B. Tech from any Institute/University recognised by law in India
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
- That they produce proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/admission
- If the 12th class/final year/final semester (as the case may be) result of qualifying degree/certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board/University till the date of counselling/admission, his/her entry in such case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10 in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure-I) is submitted
- The candidate is a minor (below 18 years of age), the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/guardian
- Candidates/parent/guardians may note that submission of false testimony is a punishable offence
- Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (refer Annexure-I) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years/semesters of qualifying degree examination (whichever is relevant).
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet/Admit Card/Principals certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate will submit the final result of the qualifying degree/certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before September 30, 2019, to their Campus Director/Joint Director where the admission has been granted
- In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result of qualifying degree in the manner prescribed above to prove his/her entry will be treated as null and void (cancelled), and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
- The Campus Director/Nodal Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission especially in the case of provisional admission
- The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled, if the candidate fails to submit the successful result in time, i.e., September 30, 2019
- In the case of candidates who have appeared for compartment examination(s) in the 12th standard, such candidates will be considered only for provisional admission. The candidate will have to clear the compartment examination under the same Board, failing which the provisional admission will stand automatically cancelled and entire fee will be forfeited
- Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying examination before the date of counselling/admission to NIFT, will not be eligible
- It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of final year/semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board/University in its totality
- The result has been announced by the interested Board/University, but it has not been published in a specific example, for any reason, such cases will not be considered under provisional admission category