NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Program 2018-19 commences on January 4, 2019
NISER Bhubaneswar- The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar has invited applications from Indian citizens for admission to the PhD program for 2018-19 (Winter Session), according to Daily Hunt report. The PhD programs will commence from 04 January 2019 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar: School of Biological Sciences (SBS); School of Chemical Sciences (SCS); School of Physical Sciences (SPS); School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS); and School of Computer Sciences (SCPS), noted the report. The online application has commenced from October 1, 2018 (Monday). The last date for filling up online application form is November 2, 2018 (Friday).
- 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M.Tech in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology.
- Students with Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
- 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields.
- A student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences or M.Tech in Applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry is also encouraged to apply.
- 60% or equivalent GPA in Master’s degree cumulatively till the last year/semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics or M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
Humanities and Social Sciences:
- 55% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines
- 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics Engineering or related fields, or Mathematics.
Also Candidates applying for admission in School of Chemical Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Computer Sciences should have qualified at least one of these national level examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST/INSPIRE (Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme with fellowship) or any other equivalent national level examination, valid for the current year in the relevant area of research.
Further Candidates applying for admission in School of Biological Sciences should have qualified at least one National Level Exam with fellowship (CSIR-NET, DST INSPIRE, DBT, ICMR or any other equivalent) and must have valid fellowship certificate for the year 2019 at the time of application. Fellowship certificate/award letter must be submitted at the time of application. Candidates applying for admission in School of Physical Sciences should have qualified at least one National Level Exam i.e. CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST or any other equivalent national level examination valid for the current year.
The scholarship given by NISER is Rs 25,000 for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs28,000 for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfils all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time. For further details, visit niser.ac.in.