TAPMI offers pioneering and path breaking research opportunities to pursue PhD
TAPMI’s doctoral program offers the perfect opportunity to conduct high quality, innovative management research in a quiet, scholarly environment. Aimed at candidates who possess a strong will for rigorous academic study and intend to pursue an academic career after completing the program, the course requires doctoral scholars to conduct research in close collaboration with one or more faculty guide(s) and fellow scholars and publications in eminent academic journals.
Recognised as the Research Centre of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, TAPMI endorses interdisciplinary work that leads to new insights and theory. Potential research areas include all topics spanning business and management such as Economics and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain, Strategy.
Program Duration and Coursework – TAPMI
- The full-time doctoral program is likely to take at least four years to complete and involves two years of rigorous coursework
- In the first year, doctoral scholars undertake MBA-level courses covering basic topics in management
- Doctoral-level courses with regards to philosophical foundations of research thought, research methodology, econometrics, writing a research proposal, and area-specific topics are taught in the second year
- In exceptional cases, full-time scholars who possess an MBA or PGDM degree from a reputed institution in India or abroad that is equivalent to TAPMI’s PGDM degree – as deemed so by TAPMI – can be exempted from the first year of MBA-level courses and be permitted to directly do their doctoral courses
- This course waiver is not guaranteed to all applicants and is based on the recommendations of the Doctoral Committee upon suitable evaluation.
- A Master’s degree in a Management or related subject as the area of interest, with at least 60% marks, from a recognized University / Institute in India or abroad. Diploma must be recognized by AIU
- A full-time scholar will be permitted to submit his/her doctoral thesis only after a minimum period of three years from the date of registration at Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Further, Manipal Academy of Higher Education requirements mandate that the scholar has to publish at least two papers in recognized peer-reviewed journals before thesis submission
- TAPMI will award a limited number of fellowships to qualified doctoral scholars for a maximum of four years, subject to meeting all requirements and recommendations of the doctoral committee
- The fellowship includes a full waiver of tuition fees, a monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000 for the first two years and Rs. 30,000 for the next two years
- TAPMI reserves the right to terminate the fellowship of a candidate not demonstrating adequate commitment and progress during the four year period. For more details, visit tapmi.edu.in.
For more details, candidates can visit their official website – https://www.tapmi.edu.in/programs/phd/
Other Course and Information of TAPMI
Image source: website