University of Hyderabad invites application for PhD programs
The University of Hyderabad has invited application from eligible candidates for PhD programs in various schools/departments and centres in the January 2019 session. Candidates are required to apply online through the University website.https://online.uohyd.ac.in/LogUOH.aspx
- The Commencement of online submission is 11 October 2018
- The last date for submitting the online application 31 October 2018
- The Date of Entrance Examination (Only at Hyderabad Centre) 11 November 2018 (Sunday).
Total Number of Seats
- The total number of vacant PhD seats are 101 including 09 for Persons with Disabilities. The research seats are available for 21 subjects.
List of Subjects where vacant seats available:
- Computer Science
- Electronics Science
- Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science
- Plant Sciences
- Animal Biology
- Applied Linguistics
- Sanskrit Studies
- Management Studies
- Health Sciences (a) Public Health; (b) Nursing Science; (c) Biomedical Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Materials Engineering
For details on eligibility conditions, how to apply and other detail, the candidates should refer the PhD Admission page on the official website of University of Hyderabad,
The University of Hyderabad (IAST: Haidarābād visvavidyālayamu) is an Indian Public Research University located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Founded in 1974, this mostly residential campus has more than 5,000 students and 400 faculty from several disciplines. The Governor of the state of Telangana is ex-officio the Chief Rector of the University, while the President of India is the Visitor to the University.
The university was established along the lines of the Six-Point Formula of 1973. The first Vice-Chancellor of the University was Banaras Hindu University organic chemist Gurbaksh Singh, from 1974 to 1979. BD Jatti was the first chancellor of the University.
In January 2015, the University of Hyderabad received the Visitor’s Award for the Best Central University in India, awarded by the President of India. The university is located in Gachibowli, on 2300-odd acres. The campus is rich in flora and fauna, home to over 734 flower plants, ten species of mammals, fifteen species of reptiles and 220 species of birds.
Teaching and learning
The University follows the semester calendar beginning in mid-July and ending in early-May. About 90% of the students are residential. The Master’s programme is usually of 2 years while the M.Phil and Ph.D programme are of 18 months and 5 years respectively.
The University is primarily a post-graduate research university. UoH conducts its own entrance examinations for all courses during the months of May–June each year and interviews in the month of May annually. The University offers Integrated M.Sc, M.A, MSc, M.F.A, M.Tech, M.B.A, M.C.A, M.Phil and Ph.D degrees. Admissions to UoH are highly competitive. The University follows the positive-discrimination reservation system as per University Grants Commission of India guidelines.
The University of Hyderabad was ranked 601-650 in the QS World University Rankings of 2018. It was ranked 11 in India overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018 and fifth among universities.
Online Application for Admission to the courses offered in 2018 batch ( Instructions from the official website)
The Candidates applying online may:-
- Read the admission notification and Prospectus-2018, the eligibility criteria and availability of Seats Category-wise thoroughly before filling the application form.
- Keep all the information ready before starting to fill the Application Form.
- Keep ready the scanned (digital) images of your Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- OBC candidate has to upload caste certificate as per the GoI format. (State BC certificate will not be considered as proof of OBC) Applications submitted under OBC category without a valid OBC certificate will be rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Please note your Application Number for future reference.
- Incomplete application form will be rejected.
- Application form will be considered complete only on receipt of the prescribed fees.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- No data will be changed in the application form once it is submitted. Change of Name, Category, Centre, Course and Subject will not be considered.
If you need any help, call : 040-23132102 OR mail us : email@example.com
Application Form – Get details of all the information you need to keep ready before you fill up the form
For more details about the PhD program please visit the official website of UoH – http://acad.uohyd.ac.in/