10 Tips to Manage Your Time as a Student
Time management is of utmost importance in all the phases of life more so in student life; because for a student every second count. Time is precious; student life is the happiest time where a student has no other obligation or responsibility, except to study. Every moment is a memory for him/her. So, parents and teachers should teach the importance of “time”. Respect your time is the mantra!
- The first step towards time management is making a list of things to be done, this does look like an ancient method, but the former is gold. This is one of the traditional ways to plan your activities around the 24 hours given in a day.
- Make a list of all your activities mostly towards studies -so that you don’t forget anything, resulting in last minute panic.
• Decide which time suits you best, some students can concentrate better at night some prefer mornings, so plan your timetable accordingly.
- Schedule your time for everything – studying, eating, relaxing, and socialising.
- To make use of the time slot that you have allocated for your studies – you need to plan on what subject and topic. Then give subheadings to your question and note down all the points you come across, this will help you recapitulate later on.
- Choose that form of study which suits you best if its group study or self-study or a coaching class, choose that which you find comfortable.
- Both exercise and sleep have equal effects on your concentration so include both a 10- minute nap and 10-minutes of stretching, pulling or jogging in your schedule.
- Keep yourself free of all other obligations, for a student commitment to his studies is more important than anything else.
- Become a bit selfish and place your reviews at the top in your list of priorities.
- Eat whenever hungry, do not over indulge but do not starve either this will help you concentrate, drink lots of water which will keep your body temperature under control and help you avoid tiredness.
The tips mentioned above are time-tested and practical they will help you wade across the Sea of Exams comfortably thus reducing the fear factor which is associated with examinations. Time and Tide Waits for Non – So let’s start TODAY!