15 lakh applications received for NEET 2019
NEET 2019 – A total of 13 lakh candidates appeared for NEET last year, but this year there is an increase of above 2 lakh additional candidates to appear for the exam. As per an official statement by NTA, They need more than 3,000 centres across the country to conduct NEET 2019. NTA has received more than 15 lakh applications for the entrance exam, admission to medical courses in the country and abroad as the government made it compulsory for Indian candidates to take NEET.
NTA to conduct competitive exams
NTA or National Testing Agency is going to conduct the NEET exam this year whereas till last year it used to be the CBSE the Central Board of Secondary Education that used to conduct the exams
Understanding the All India Quota Seats
It is important that all aspirants desirous to join the medical profession should understand the All India Seat Quotas.
- There are three different kinds of seats available in all Medical Colleges across the country.
- There is a 15 per cent All India Quotas. In the Government Medical Colleges of the country
- Students from any part of the country can apply for the 15 per cent seats.
- 15 seats would be reserved for All India Quota. These seats are then further divided into reserved and general category.
- 15 per cent of these seats are reserved for the SC or Scheduled Caste candidates
- 5 per cent for the ST or Scheduled Tribe Candidates and another
- 27% for the OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.
About National Testing Agency
The NTA or the National Testing Agency has been established as a specialist, premier, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission or fellowship in higher educational institutions.
The agency aims to improve equity and quality in education by using assessments which are reliable, research-based valid, efficient, fair and international level and transparent.
This examination is known as NEET or National Eligibility and Entrance Test is one examination which would be filling about 54,000 medical seats across the country. As per the Supreme Court’s order in 2016, NEET would be the only examination to fill the All India Quota Seats as well as the State Level Quota seats across the country. The examination is also valid for filling the private college seats across the country.
More information on NEET UG 2019
Registration of NEET UG 2019 in November
NEET UG 2019- Candidates with a disability is in a dilemma
UGC NET 2018 Examination from December 18 to December 22
NEET UG 2019 Examination
NEET 2019 Syllabus of Biology
NEET 2019 Syllabus of Chemistry
NTA rolls out a new mobile app for JEE Main NEET Mock Test