Advanced Certification Program on IFRS
IFRS or International Financial Reporting Standards is a set of accounting standards that have been developed by an independent, not-for-profit organization known as the International Accounting Standards Board or IASB. IFRS has now almost become a mandatory requirement for accounting professionals and other business associates. KPMG in collaboration with NIIT Imperia has developed an academic certification program on IFRS that is known as “Advanced Certificate Program in IFRS: Implementation and Compliance.”
Already 15 successful student batches of this program have been completed.
Key Features of the Program
Some of the program highlights are as follows:
- The program offers a detailed analysis of the accounting and disclosure requirements as specified by IFRS.
- The program provides some practical tips and methods to help organizations move over from the Indian GAAP to IFRS.
- NIIT’s Synchronous Learning Methodology has been used to deliver the program to students, and the classes are available in your city.
- The course material is inclusive of KPMG flagship international publication, Insights to IFRS, KPMG in India thought leadership publications, the 5th edition of International Financial Reporting Standards, 2008-09.
Details of the Course
Some of the features of the course are:
- The course has been designed by KPMG in India professionals, and they will be the faculty for the course.
- Classes are available in cities like Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Thane, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Patna, and Pune.
The course is divided in into 12 modules:
- Overview/Roadmap and IFRS framework
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Revenue Recognition
- Business Combinations
- Financial Instruments
- The Effect of Change in Foreign Exchange Rates
- Income Taxes
- The property, Plant and Equipment, Intangible Assets and Investment Property
- Impairment and Provisions/Contingencies
- Employee Benefits, Shared Based Payment, Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- Leases, Borrowing Costs, Operating Segments, Events after the Balance Sheet Date, Change in Accounting Policies and Errors
KPMG in India professionals with considerable experience in IFRS conversion and internationally reputed trainers will be the faculty for this course.
The certificate of completion for the course will be issued together by NIIT Imperia and KPMG in India.
You should do this course if you are one of the following:
- A graduate who belongs to a Finance or Accounting team
- CA/CS/ICWA/CFA final level student
- CFO and Finance Director
- Analysts and accountants
- Investment banker
- Corporate banker
- Strategic planner
- Private equity and merger and acquisition specialist
- Tax director
- Practicing CA, CS, CWA
- Professionals from Indian companies that have a global presence
Application forms can be obtained from www.niitimperia.com or your local NIIT Imperia center. You need to submit one passport sized photo with the application form.