An overview on APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University – On May 21, 2014, with an aim to give leadership to the technology related policy formulation and Engineering Planning for the State, APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (initially Kerala Technological University), a State Government University has come into existence.
To improve the academic standards of the Graduate, the University also emphasizes Post Graduate and Research Programmes in Engineering Science, Technology and Management and regulate the academic standards of all colleges affiliated to the University. Research, Development and Innovation are projected to be the main thrust areas of the university.
Primary objectives of the university
- For the State, to give leadership to the technology related policy formulation and Engineering Planning
- Of the graduate, postgraduate and research programmes in engineering science, technology and management, It also emphasizes to improve the academic standards
- Of all Colleges affiliated to the University, to regulate the academic standards
- In accordance with law, to monitor, regulate and ensure that the academic standards of all institutions not affiliated to the University, but conducting engineering courses in the State, and in accordance with such guidelines and orders issued by the University.
- By fostering and promoting engineering research, to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge in engineering sciences and allied fields.
- Based on the advances in accordance with the norms, to design new courses and curriculum if any, laid down by the AICTE.
Framework to implement in engineering studies
- In the field of engineering sciences, to act as the nodal agency for linkages technology and management with other national and international institution
- In the field of engineering sciences, technology and management the framework is to promote interdisciplinary education and research.
- For upgrading knowledge, to continually offer opportunities and promoting the acquisition of knowledge in a rapidly developing and changing society.
- For the development of skills appropriate for a learning society in the context of innovations, research and discovery by establishing educational network related to engineering sciences, to impart training with the use of modern communication media and technologies.
- By encouraging research and other academic activities in the related areas, to give thrust for the development of indigenous technologies
- With the aim of promoting engineering research, development and innovation, To substantially increase enrolment in Postgraduate education and research programmes in the colleges and institutions.
Framework to optimize knowledge through institutes
- For multidisciplinary applied research in specific thematic areas, to support the establishment of Centres of excellence
- By constantly and continuously improving and upgrading the academic quality and standards of faculty, to improve the learning skills of the students
- In the field of technical education, to introduce and sustain innovative systematic quality improvement programmes.
- In the field of engineering sciences, technology, management and institution level management programmes in the State, to give assistance for innovation.
- By suitable extension activities, to promote community development activities
- From time to time, such other purposes as the University may determine.