Application for UK UCAS begins for UG, 2019

At a college/university in the United Kingdom, it is that time of the year again when students can give wings to their dream of studying. For those students who wish to pursue an undergraduate course form the United Kingdom the go-to word is UCAS. ‘The Universities and Colleges Applications Service’ or UCAS is a service provided by the UK government for students who wish to apply at any university in the UK.


UCAS is compulsory for all those students who wish to pursue a UG degree in the United Kingdom. While for most universities in the UK including Oxford, UCAS is enough, others like Cambridge requires you to fill a separate form in addition to the UCAS form.  The last date to complete the UCAS application process for a majority of courses offered at Oxford and Cambridge and for courses in Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary for the class of 2019 is October 15, 2018.

Pre-requisites and Deadlines

The eligibility requirement for admission varies from Universities and colleges and an applicant should check the eligibility criteria before going ahead with the application.

For any course at Oxford and Cambridge, or for most of the courses in medicine, veterinary medicine, and dentistry, October 15, 2018, at 18:00

January 15, 2019, at 18:00, UK time is for the majority of courses offered in UK Universities other than Oxford and Cambridge.

For some Art and Design courses, March 24, 2019, at 18:00, UK time –

International and non-EU students would need to fulfill certain English Language Requirements. Generally, Universities and colleges in the UK accept TOEFL or IELTS or both scores. for the IELTS or TOEFL score required for admission, an applicant would need to check with the college or university they intend to apply to.

You can choose up to five courses in the application form. Usually, you can only apply for one course at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge.

You would also need to provide a reference to complete the application process. The reference has to be a written recommendation by a teacher, advisor, or professional who knows you academically.

EU referendum

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) looks after the interests of international students and those who work with them. Read UKCISA’s latest article on the EU referendum.

You may be concerned about the recent referendum result if you’re an EU national who’s applied to study in the UK, and what it means for you. Here are a few things you can do to find out more about Brexit.

Image source: TeroVesalainen

Leave a Comment