Application form for entrance examination of Panjab University available
Panjab University has rescheduled the entrance test for B.A./B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) 2019 which is a five-year integrated course. According to reports, the PU-B.A./B.Com, LL.B 2019 application form for the examination and the prospectus for the entrance test will be available from April 15, 2019, on the official website of the university, puchd.ac.in. As per the new schedule, the entrance test will be held from May 26, 2019, to June 16, 2019.
The Common Law Admission Test 2019 (CLAT 2019) is scheduled on May 26, 2019, from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm. It is speculated that in order to avoid clashes between the two examinations, the dates were rescheduled by Panjab University. Meanwhile, the last date to apply online for CLAT 2019 has been extended to April 15, 2019. CLAT is an entrance examination which is held for admission to 21 NLUs in India and 31 private universities also accept CLAT scores, noted the report.
Panjab University has also rescheduled the entrance examinations which are conducted for admission to the UG courses offered by the University. The new dates for PU-CET (UG) Entrance Test 2019 is April 28, 2019, to April 30, 2019. The online application form and prospectus for the PU-CET (UG) will be available from April 5, 2019, on the University’s official website.
- The University was established in 1882 as University of Punjab at Lahore (now in Pakistan).
- Panjab University has been Accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for a period of 5 years from 25/06/2015
- First among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015
- Ranked number one University in India and in the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters.
- Ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies
- University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh
- University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centers/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh
- University has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab and having one rural Regional Centre at Kauni, and 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur
- University has 6 Constituent Colleges located at Sikhwala (Sri Muktsar Sahib), Balachaur (SBS Nagar), Nihalsingh Wala (Moga), Dharamkot (Moga), Mokham Khan Wala (Ferozepur) and Guru Harsahai (Ferozepur)
- Panjab University Community Radio Station – Jyotirgamaya: 91.2 MHz