Application process for NEST 2019 begins
NEST 2019 – The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2019 application process has just kick-started, according to IE report. The NEST 2019 is the entrance examination for admission to institutes formed by the Department of Atomic Energy including the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Science (UM-DAE-CEBS), University of Mumbai, noted the report. Those aspiring candidates can visit nestexam.in, the official website and apply.
- The last date to apply is March 11, 2019 (midnight)
- The examination will be held on June 1, 2019 (Saturday)
- The examination will be held in two sessions
- The morning session will commence at 9.00 A.M
- The afternoon session will begin at 2.30 P.M.
- The examination duration is three hours and thirty minutes
- Education: Candidates who have cleared the class 12 examination in 2017 or 2018 can apply for the entrance examination
- The minimum qualifying marks in class 12 are 60% for unreserved category candidates and it is 55% for reserved category.
- Age: Candidate should not be more than 20 years old as on August 1, 2019, relaxation of five years is given to candidates belonging to reserved category
Steps to apply for NEST 2019
- Visit the official website, nestexam.in
- On the homepage, click ‘apply online’
- Click on ‘get registered’, those who have registered may directly log-in
- Fill basic information and submit
- Log-in using the registration number
- Fill the form, upload images
- Make payment
Candidates need to select their examination centres as well. The NEST 2019 will be held in 91 cities across India.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007.
Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2019 will be conducted in around 91 cities across India. The brochure gives a detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various deadlines.
NISER, established by the Department of Atomic Energy, strives to become a citadel for basic sciences and allied subjects in terms of teaching and research. Its vision includes imparting high-quality science education in a vibrant academic ambience to the bright, motivated students, by a faculty of distinguished scientists and teachers. The curriculum is amply supported by a strong visitor’s programme by accomplished scientists from India and abroad.
NISER offers a five year integrated M.Sc. programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. NISER functions from its own campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy.
There are 200+2 seats for 2019 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms. To avail reserved seats under OBC category the OBC (NCL) certificate must have been issued on or after June 01, 2018.
The Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, has an autonomous Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences in Mumbai. CEBS offers high-quality teaching embedded in a vibrant post-graduate and research environment with some of the best teachers and scientists from major institutions in the city (TIFR, BARC, IIT) and the University of Mumbai and its colleges, on its faculty. The Centre is located in the Vidyanagari campus of the University of Mumbai. CEBS offers a five- year integrated M.Sc. program in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. The degrees at CEBS are awarded by the 150-year old University of Mumbai.
Tentatively, there are 45+2 seats this year with reservations as per government norms, including two seats for candidates from the state of J&K and reservation for persons with disability (PD).
Other Information about NEST 2019
NEST 2019 Examination on June 1 and application process begins on January 7
NEST 2019 – Application, Eligibility and Admit Card
NEST 2019 Syllabus for Physics
NEST 2019 Syllabus for Biology
NEST 2019 Syllabus for Mathematics
NEST 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry