Application process of GCET 2019 begins
GCET 2019 – The last date to apply for the Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2019 is approaching. GCET 2019 is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa for admission to professional degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy. The last date to submit application forms for GCET 2019 at the application reception centre and collecting admit cards is March 30, 2019.
The examination will be conducted from May 7, 2019, to May 8, 2019. The merit list for Engineering will be based on aggregate marks of GCET 2019 in the subjects of Physics and Mathematics. The merit list for Pharmacy will be based on aggregate marks of GCET 2019 in the subjects of Physics and Chemistry, noted the report. The candidates are permitted to appear in GCET only in the subjects, which they have studied and registered for Class XII or higher secondary examinations.
For the candidates who opt for Physics and Chemistry as their subject, the examination will be conducted on May 7, 2019, from 10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm respectively. For candidates who opt for Mathematics, the examination will be conducted on May 8, 2019, from 10 am to 12 pm. The GCET 2019 result will be released by May 15, 2019. The admissions to a degree course in Architecture shall be on the basis of NATA as per details are given under eligibility. The admissions to MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy) and BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences and Nursing courses shall be based on NEET UG 2019 scores, added the report.
The Government of Goa in 1986 created Directorate of Technical Education.
- Facilitate new Technical Education Institutions and Courses in the State of Goa
- Facilitate Technician Education through Board of Technical Education, in the State of Goa
- Facilitate Centralized Admission to Technical and Professional Institutes to the students of the State of Goa
- Prepare Budget, Distribute Funds for Technical Education in the State of Goa
- Facilitate, manage and Control Technical Education and Institutes in the State of Goa through rules and regulations of the statutory bodies like AICTE, PCI, COA, etc., as approved by the State Government
- Management of Human Resource of Technical Educational Institutions (Faculty in Group A & B)
- Management of Human Resource of Directorate of Technical Education (Group A, B, C, & D)
- Goa – A National Hub For Technical Education
- To Ensure the spread of a need-based
- Knowledge-based Technical Education of Top Quality