APSC declares results of Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination 2018
APSC – The result of the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination 2018 has been released by the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC), as per TOI report. Those candidates who have appeared the examination can look for their results at the official website of the Commission, apsc.nic.in.
The APSC Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination 2018 was held on December 30 last year. The result is uploaded on the website in PDF format, which has particulars including the roll numbers (in serial order) of the candidates who have qualified for the Main examination. In terms of the errors that had entered into the Answer Keys, the APSC has awarded grace marks on pro-rata basis in the relevant cases with reference to the Supreme Court’s verdict in case number Appeal (Civil) 1997 of 2008, noted the report.
The results of three candidates bearing Roll No. 1022748, 1503707 and 2901855 are kept withheld in pursuance Gauhati High Court order dated December 20, 2018. The APSC main examination is likely to be held in July 2019. The successful candidates would be required to fill up the application form for Main examination, the date for which will be notified shortly, said the report.
Steps to download Result
- Log on to the APSC official website, apsc.nic.in
- In the ‘Latest News’ section, click on the Result CCE (Prelim) 2018 link
- Result PDF will open. Download it or search your roll number on the page
The Assam Public Service Commission came into existence on April 1, 1937, in accordance with the provision of the Government of India Act, 1935. On India becoming Republic, the regulations of the Commission were framed by the Governor of Assam in the exercise of the powers conferred by Article 318 of the Constitution of India and the same came into force w.e.f. September 1, 1951. Also in the same year, the Assam Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation was promulgated in the exercise of the powers conferred by the provision of clause II of Article 320 of the Constitution.
- To recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State Government
- To advise the Government on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion
- To advise the Government. on all disciplinary matters affecting the person serving under the Government within the purview of the Commission
- To advise the Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment Rules/Draft Service Rules of different departments of the Government
- To advise the Government relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services
- To advise the Government on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission
- To conduct Departmental examinations for Government services