As FIFA World Cup 2018 Season is on, make a career in sports
From Indian Institute of Management to Symbiosis, there are a slew of renowned institutes in India offering courses in sports journalism or management, says an Indian Express. Sports industry is one of the booming fields nowadays with the entry of professional leagues in India, like IPL, ISL, and Pro Kabaddi. After Class 12, or after the graduation, you can tune your career into sports management or journalism. These are not only just high-paid careers but also these jobs will offer you a chance to stay close to the sports personalities, notes the report. When the IPL fever got over, the world is tuned into FIFA today.
Following are some sports courses you can opt for:
Two-year Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management- IIM Rohtak
IIM Rohtak has a specialised program in “Sports Management” for experienced professionals, sports graduates, and enthusiasts. This program is for participants interested in working in the sports, entertainment and allied industries. Graduates of this program will be equipped to understand the regulatory, revenue and branding forces at work in the sports industry, both domestic as well as overseas markets.
One has to pay a total of Rs 5.25 lakh plus taxes. This includes subsidised tuition fees, alumni fees, academic charges, examinations, textbooks, and study material.
Candidate with Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline will be eligible to apply. Work Experience in relevant field will be an added advantage.
All applicants who fulfil the above-mentioned eligibility criteria and want to apply should complete the online registration process. Post registration shortlisted applicants will be called for the personal interview. Final short listing will be declared, based on the past credentials and performance in the personal interviews.
Duration of the program will be of two years. This will include total 720 interactive sessions with a mix of Offline Sessions, Online Sessions, Project Work and Industrial Visits. Total course duration will be of 900 hours.
Diploma course in Sports coaching at SAI, NSNIS, Patiala
- Table Tennis
Eligibility criteria for diploma course
(Candidates seeking admission in Diploma in Sports Coaching should fulfil any category given below) CATEGORY-A(i)
- Graduation from any recognised Indian/foreign University.
- Participation in major international recognised competitions or in the recognised senior national championships or
- Two times participation in All India University/Recognized Junior/Youth National Championships/Inter-services meet/All India Police Games/InterRailways Championships.
- Master in Physical Education, four years Bachelor’s of Physical Education/Post Graduate Diploma in Physical Education.
- One-time participation in All India Inter-University championship/ Senior National championship. Two times participation in All India University Championships.
Category-B (For International Sportspersons)
- Educational qualifications: 10+2
Participation in Olympic Games/Senior World Championship/Commonwealth Games/Asian Games/Senior Asian Championship
Category-C (For North-East Candidates)
- Graduation from any recognized Indian/foreign university
- Medal winner in North-East games or Two times participation in North-East Games or Two times participation in All India University/ Recognized National Youth Championship.
- The age limit should be from 23 to 35 years as on July 1 of the year of admission.
- Relax able up to three years in upper age for international players i.e. Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Olympic Games, World Championship and SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- The candidate’s desire to get admission in Diploma Course are required to make online payment receipt of Rs 1000 generated through SB Collect.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences (IGIPESS) Delhi
Course: BSc Physical Education Health Education Sports
- The duration of the course is three years
- Rs. 21,375
- Candidate seeking admission to B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & Sports) Part-I course must have passed Class 12 examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or an examination recognised as equivalent there to with at least 45% marks in the aggregate, (The aggregate marks will be determined on the basis of the language and three best subjects).
- B.Sc (P.E., H.E. & S)- Rs. 500
- B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S) (SC/ST)-Rs. 250 (Bank Draft in the favour of the Principal, IGIPESS, payable at New Delhi.)
- Before filling in the application form, candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully and ensure their eligibility for admission, as per the conditions laid down in the prospectus.
GD Goenka University-School of Management
Course: PGD- Sports management
- The duration of the course is one year.
- The Post-Graduate Diploma in Sports Management will help the students to fast-track their career in today’s dynamic sports industry.
- This course is ideal for graduates who are interested in making a mark in the sports industry.
- The course is designed to give students a professional exposure to the structure, economic impact, organization, marketing, funding of the sports Industry as well as current trends in sports and relationship between sports and the mass media.
- Annual fee: Rs. 70,000
- Admission fee: Rs. 15,000
- Security deposit: Rs. 15,000
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline from UGC approved University.
- In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
Symbiosis School of Sports Science
Course: Master of Business Administration (Sports Management)
Duration of course:
- The duration of the course is two-years Full Time
There are a total of 60 seats.
Fee Details: Rs 2,67,500.
- Candidate should be a graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST) at the graduation level.
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission.