BCECE 2019 examination to be conducted through NEET and JEE Main examinations
BCECE 2019 examination -The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) has done away with the Bihar Combined Competitive Examination (BCECE) 2019. From now onwards, the entrance to medical and engineering colleges in Bihar will be held throughout the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main Examinations respectively, while both these tests would be held by the National Testing Agency (NTA), as per IE report.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions in addition to assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research-based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error-free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
Wasting one year
While the NTA is already conducting JEE Main 2019, the NEET UG registrations have been closed. Since JEE Main will be conducted twice a year, the candidates will not have to waste another year, stated the report.
BCECE was conducted to enrol students in state-level engineering and medical colleges. The BCECEB in an official notification has said, “This is to notify all stakeholders that 2019 onwards, admission to state universities, colleges and institutions will be conducted through NEET and JEE Main for medical and engineering entrances and the state level examine, BCECE has been scrapped.”
BCECE applications were to begin from February 2019 and the examination decided earlier to be held in April 2019, none of which will take place now. The Board has advised candidates to register for JEE Main and NEET instead, added the report.
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) is established under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995. The Board holds competitive examinations every year for admissions in various professional courses of Medical, Engineering and Agricultural streams in the Institutions of the state of Bihar. From now own NTA will conduct BCECE examinations.
Objectives of NTA
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes.
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards
Functions of NTA
- To identify partner institutions with adequate infrastructure from the existing schools and higher education institutions which would facilitate the conduct of online examinations without adversely impacting their academic routine
- To create a question bank for all subjects using the modern techniques
- To establish a strong R&D culture as well as a pool of experts in different aspects of testing
- To help individual colleges and universities in the field of testing and to provide training and advisory services to the institutions in India
- To provide quality testing services to the academic institutions in India
- To develop a state of the art culture of testing in India by using domestic and international expertise
- To collaborate with international organizations like ETS to achieve the same
- To undertake any other examination that is entrusted to it by the Ministries/Departments of Government of India/State Governments
- To undertake the reforms and training of school boards as well as other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance examinations